Friday, May 28, 2021

Day 3202: ...here it comes again



 
"5 easy pieces": junk mail collage.

 






Want music?




Click here, George Strait, All My Ex's live in Texas. 
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 


I originally told this little story on Day #258, April 2013.




Several decades ago, Demura Sensei pointed to a geranium 
on his desk ... and said to me, "you like that flower".




 I said, "But Sensei, that's a geranium",
with the same intonation as if it were a weed.
"Yes, you like geranium!".




"Oh Sensei, can't I be a rose, or an orchid ...
or a tulip?" I pleaded.




"No,  you like geranium!".  I was crushed. 
I wanted to be something elegant or beautiful.





Later Sensei said, "No, that good. 
They don't need attention & they bloom easy."
And so, I guess I am a geranium.


...


I am re-publishing this very early blog ...
I apologize if you have heard this story.
My Dad used to ask if we had heard a story,
 if we said yes, he would say ...  "here it comes again."


Have a wonderful Memorial weekend & take good care. 

  

 

 
 

•  Acute 4- minute video, baby raccoon , here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
 
Quetzal

 
 

  
                     

Smiles for Friday ...
 
 
















                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

8 comments:

Kim said...

I cannot hear this story enough! Because I’ve loved geraniums for almost as long as I’ve existed! And I’ve loved you since I walked into your dojo (technically Balearic Center, but who’s keeping track!)

john said...

There you are with that wonderful pop of red. Very nice! :-)

Irene Rafael said...

You are a collage magician! Like Kim, I can’t hear this story enough.

jacki long said...

Awww, thanks, Kim! I love you too and I miss you. I like how you keep me on track when I veer. Please take care and have a great weekend.

jacki long said...

Thanks, John, I think of you when I add my red. Take good care & have a happy weekend.

jacki long said...

Thanks Irene, I appreciate your kindness. Have a lovely weekend!

elenor said...

Your "5 easy pieces" are how I love it most. Yes, it is magic.

Geraniums also have a tradition here. They are blooming all summer in the brightest colors, rest during winter in a cool room and then they are back to bring you joy. Being a geranium is a compliment.
Have a wonderful weekend, dear Jacki!

jacki long said...

THANKS, ELENOR. I GUESS I HAVE LEARNED THAT NOW.