Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Day 3193: Good Golly Miss Molly.

 

 

"While working": junk mail collage

 



Want music?




Click here, Maria Muldaur, Midnight at the Oasis.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

A short story.

Music artist, Little Richard, was popular 100 year ago, or, when I was in high school. 

WonderWoman's Dad & I taught 10 years before she appeared. Her first year was accompanied by big time colic... & so we did a lot of movement to help minimize crying. With the movement, we played a lot of music ... I think on "8 tracks" at the time?Cheerful music, bouncy, rhythm & blues etc.
Little Richard was in the mix. 

The reason for these details ...
later at age 3 the young WW was given a doll.
We asked what she would name her?
Immediate response, Good Golly Miss Molly!




We were surprised that WW was so set on that name. The best part? Watching people's expression  ... when they asked her doll's name?

 

 

 
 

•  An interesting 15-minute video, eggs/world, here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
  
Nicobar Pigeons



  
                    

Smiles for Wednesday ...
 
 













                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

8 comments:

john said...

Two things. I am reminded of colors I once saw in a Navaho blanket. Beautiful! Also, by just turning the direction of paper with writing you have a whole new design element in your work. fantastic! :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, John, I always love it when you like it. Have a great day!

elenor said...

I too like how you use text in your collages which are always fabulous.
The short story was wonderful. Such memories are so precious. Thinking back makes me feel happy and young. I can't understand how time is flying ....

Irene Rafael said...

I automatically did the same thing as John, turned the piece around in different directions. Then I read his comments. Cute WW story. I had a colic baby too.

Jane I said...


Where do you find all the exotic birds? They are always spectacular, like
your collages. Jane





jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor, I love it when you like it.
Thanks for taking the time to comment, i boosts me up.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Irene. I guess overall, I like doing my junk mail collages the best. I too turned it around to see, but I ended up with the original right side up.Thanks again.

jacki long said...

Thank you Jane. I get most of the birds from Pinterest They send me e-mails since they have determined that I like birds. I only use the ones with the names. I have a lot!