Sunday, May 23, 2021

Day 3197: My hero.

 

 

"Landscape": junk mail collage

 

 



Want music?




Click here for, YoYoMa & Boynton, Jungle Night. 
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


Update: 

My hero. I have been having problems with my MacPro laptop. It seemed to be an Adobe Creative Cloud problem. I called Apple Care because they always fix my problems, but this morning, after 30 minutes, Apple tech, Nicholene said I would have to go to Adobe for help.  I tried, but couldn't find help at Adobe. I texted GH#1, my 6'6" giant to see if he was at work. He is an EMT and works 24 and sometimes 48 hour shifts.


Talk about a hero! He came over in 25 minutes, fixed the problem 


and had me delete Firefox which I was using as my homepage. He found that it was being tracked and I might get viruses. 
So now I am learning my way around Safari, by Apple, which has great security. He also updated my MacPro I-pad and i-phone. Nothing gets me more bent out of shape than tech trouble that I can't figure out. 


I walked him out to the truck, the least I can do for a hero! 

  

 

 
 

•  A sweet 3-1/4 minute video, ducks in a row, here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
Bearded Barbet

 
 
 

  
                    

Smiles for Sunday ...
 
 








 







  




                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

8 comments:

elenor said...

It's the best that can happen to have such a hero in family. So much you wrote sounded so familiar to me. I get totally desperate when my laptop doesn't work as it is supposed to do. And I also feel guilty when I take the free time of my son because I need help. He doesn't come over to my home to help me, he can log into my computer from his computer and fix my problems.
What would we do without our heroes. I'm so grateful for my hero!
Have a good start into the next week, Jacki!

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor! Apple Care can usually fix whentever I have a problem,. also remotely. But yesterday, for the first tie, the technician didn't seem to know enough, and told me to take my problem to ADOBE.
IT IS A BEAUTIFUL DAY TODAY, sunny no clouds, 85'. Wishing you a happy week!

Branmuffin said...

Funny enough, Safari isn't known for being the most secure. Firefox is always considered one of the best.

https://www.expressvpn.com/blog/best-browsers-for-privacy/

Other things you can do with Firefox would be to add an ad-blocker of some type. Next time I'm over, if you do prefer Firefox, I can add this.

Julie said...

You really do have some angels looking out for you! I decided not to have kids but if I did they would be about that age. I really enjoy hearing about your grand-hunks and seeing them grow. EMT's work really hard.

john said...

Love the architectural feel of this piece. Glad your grand hunk was able to help. Thank goodness for young people in our lives. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks Branmuffin! I am really jumping through hoops to use safari, it seems so much more work? Also, the Adobe problem still exists, I can only be on the laptop for 25-30 minut3s before it taps out and shows a running wheel? It took me a day to figure out how to keep multiple tabs open? I'd love to change back. Can you find a link for Adobe help? Sorry to bother you again.

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Julie,I worry about including too much family, but several, like you, have said they liked it, so ... Yes, EMT's do work long shifts. Jordan's goal is to be a paramedic, then firefighter. He wants to help people.

jacki long said...

Thanks John, yes indeed, we need those young, able minds! Take care.