Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Day 3200: Just show up.

 

 

 

journal spread: junk mail collage.

 

 



Want music?




Click here, the Jackson 5, I'll be there.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

A big part of life is showing up? So many times we don't want to go, or do, but if we do, we show up and that I think, is important. Some of you were touched by the  Haru Urara story yesterday, here


I thought about it, and was reminded of my childhood. I was not allowed to quit something I started. Something not always so common today. I think that is why I am such  a fan of athletes in the Olympics and sports, the kids in the Spelling Bee contest, contestants on Jeopardy, even the Eagle Scouts and Girl Scouts Gold Awards. You just know that they have worked for a long time to accomplish it, they showed up. I ventured to Costco for the first time today, since long before my recent surgery. When I told WW that I going, she said "Wow, you are getting brave. They have new, bigger carts which, for me, are harder to push around. When I loaded my stuff in the car trunk, I walked my shopping cart to the distant storage area, as did another lady at the same time, we smiled, we showed up.

 

 

 
 

•  An amazing 8-minute video,  Roller Coasters, here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
 
Fruit dove

 


  
                    

Smiles for Wednesday ...
 
 

















                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

Today's art of the day is really special! I absolutely like it.

You told you were not allowed to quit something you started. I can't remember if that was the case for me, but I remember for me the question was, do I think I can accomplish / manage it? And I only started if the answer was yes. I never would have forgiven myself to give up. Maybe that's one reason for success?

Jacki, thank you so much for always answering my comments. After reading your new blog I go to the comments of the day before reading your answers to all comments and only then I start writing a new one.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor for you daily comments that I look forward to. It takes time, and most rarely are the time. We are all too busy I think? It sounds like you might have put high expectations on yourself? I don't think I expected much, but I did try.

john said...

Your piece today is so pleasing to look at. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, John. Good old junk mail!