Thursday, May 20, 2021

Day 3194: Ponder?

 

 

"Lebanon, Indiana": photography & digital collage.
 

 



Want music?




Click here for Lulu, To Sir With Love.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

  

A little something to ponder...

 
#1  After loving my parents, my siblings, my spouse, my children, my friends, now I have started loving myself.
 
#2   I just realized that I am not “Atlas”. The world does not rest on my shoulders.
 
#3   I now stopped bargaining with vegetables & fruits vendors. A few pennies more is not going to burn a hole in my pocket but it might help the poor fellow save for his daughter’s school fees.
 
#4   I pay my waitress a big tip. The extra money might bring a smile to her face. She is toiling much harder for a living than me
 
#5   I stopped telling the elderly that they've already narrated that story many times. The story makes them walk down the memory lane & relive the past.
 
#6   I have learned not to correct people even when I know they are wrong. The onus of making everyone perfect is not on me. Peace is more precious than perfection.
 
#7   I give compliments freely & generously. Compliments are a mood enhancer not only for the recipient, but also for me. And a small tip for the recipient of a compliment, never, NEVER turn it down, just say "Thank You"
 
#8   I have learned not to bother about a crease or a spot on my shirt. Personality speaks louder than appearances.
 
#9    I walk away from people who don't value me. They might not know my worth, but I do.
 
#10   I remain cool when someone plays dirty to outrun me in the rat race. I am not a rat & neither am I in any race.
 
#11   I am learning not to be embarrassed by my emotions. It’s my emotions that make me human.
 
#12   I have learned that it's better to drop the ego than to break a relationship. My ego will keep me aloof, whereas with relationships I will never be alone.
 
#13    I have learned to live each day as if it's the last. After all, it might be the last.
 
#14    I am doing what makes me happy. I am responsible for my happiness, and I owe it to myself. Happiness is a choice. You can be happy at any time, just choose to be!
 
I don't know who to credit it to, but thank you! Good to share.

 

 

 
 

•  An interesting 2-minute video, dry cleaning, here.



 

Throwback Thursday ...


Japan, 1984


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
Boat-billed Heron


  
                    

Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 

 







                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 


4 comments:

elenor said...

Your Throwback Thursday pic is so nice. You had such a pretty haircut.
I also liked the little something to ponder. Why didn't we learn all of this when we were young?
I hope you are enjoying driving around.

john said...

Oh, this piece radiates COLD! Nice work, Jacki! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor for you kind encouraging words.
I really appreciate you. Have a great weekend.

jacki long said...

Thanks, John,I have seen that house.
With the blue it reminded me of Dr. Zhivago?