Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Day 3192: Momentous in a quiet way.

 

 

"Stacked T's": photo, layers, digital.

 

Sidebar: I took this photo of stacked t-shirts in a store. I liked the design.




Want music?




Click here, Eric Clapton, Layla.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 2GN2S

 

A bright idea

Factory and warehouse work can be tough, tiring and dangerous. A new battery-powered glove could help workers by reducing fatigue, and with it, the likelihood of ugly injuries. The "Ironhand" glove strengthens the wearer's grip, meaning they don't have to use as much force to perform repetitive manual tasks. Its developer, Bioservo, says it can increase the wearer's hand strength by 20%. The system is made up of a backpack, which houses the power unit, that lead to artificial tendons connected to the glove, which is described as a "soft exoskeleton." The glove was originally intended to help NASA astronauts grip things in space, but the technology has been recognized as a potential way to cut down on workplace injuries and accidents. 

 


 Update

 Today has been momentous in a quiet way. My surgery was six weeks ago today and they said I could drive in six weeks. My little "squirrel-powered" Honda Insight battery was dead and had to be jumped. I called AAA since I have paid every year since 1973, and rarely use their service. When he jumped it, he said the 2019 battery itself was low, and it might not restart, so I'll see tomorrow. I drove to Ivy's Bridge, a local health

 food store and restaurant, for their amazing chicken-walnut salad to go. Then, on the way home I drove through Der Weinerschnitsel, a not

 so healthy choice. Two chili dogs with mustard and onion for a future meal. Life is about balance, right? I am still wearing my splint, but hope to be free of it after my doctor appointment this Wednesday. My left shoulder which also need the same replacement is starting to act up. I think it is tired of doing all the work? It no longer reaches more than 45', and aches. If TMI, I apologize.


 

 
 

•  A sweet 4-1/2-minute video, Howard's Drive-in , here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
Temminck's Tragopan


  
                    

Smiles for Tuesday ...
 
 














                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

4 comments:

john said...

I could see this amazing abstract as fabric. Wouldn’t that be something to see Jacki fabric walking around the streets of LA? Lovely! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks John, I know there is neat stuff everywhere of we look?

elenor said...

How wonderful you are driving again. That gives a feeling of independence and joy.
I also love all the photos you take, Jacki. I think you are always looking for something worth being photographed. Recently I do this more and more. Looking out for beautiful motives helped in this crises to stay positive.
Today I got my second shot so let's hope for the best.

jacki long said...

Oh good, Elenor, I am glad your have your second shot. Great progress. Wishing you a great day!