Sunday, May 2, 2021

Day 3176: The midnight shift.

 

"3 easy pieces": collage thank you note.

 

 



Want music?




Click here for Stevie Wonder, Don't You Worry 'bout a Thing.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 
 Update
 
 

Are you ready for May? 
 
 
Terry Garrett's artwork makes it easier to start each month. 
Thanks Terry!
 
 

 

A story: Midnight shift. 

My Grandhunks all have a good work ethic, all three have worked in different capacities since their early to mid-teens. Everything from washing dishes, sweeping up, busing tables and later, delivering pizza. I remember having a talk, saying that they have 24 hours, and can get paid for some, or not?

Then, they probably got my story about when I worked three jobs during the summer between my freshman and sophomore year in college. 

The third job was the midnight shift at Kodak in Hollywood, 12-8:30 am. I would take a bus from Cinerama Theater in Hollywood (where I worked afternoon-evenings at the refreshment stand) to Kodak. 


I cleaned rolls of film! Yes, I am that old! They surely had machines for that job soon after I went back to school. During the break we would go to the cafeteria. I remember a lot of Moms who said they got home in time to send their kids to school. I think some jobs are to make you work harder to get a better job in the future?

  

 
 

•  A fun 1-1/4 minute video, oldest piano, here.


  
Just because ...
 
Violet-tailed Sylph




  
                    

Smiles for Sunday ...
 
 

 
 












 Thanks for coming by today, have a great week.

 

4 comments:

john said...

Three elements is my favorite for collages. So glad you are able to be back working. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John! Last night I did 8 collages with fro 3 to 6 pieces each, it was fun. I hope you had a great weekend.

elenor said...

I too love everything about your collage. Isn't it great you can make art and blogs again just one month after your surgery? I hope it is easier for you now than it was before.
Having 3 jobs at a time must be very hard. When did you have time to get some sleep? I never had experienced this.
I still remember these film boxes. Taking photos was so expensive that you thought about each picture you wanted to take. How easy is it today with a smart phone. Now the problem is to get rid of those that aren't worth keeping. So easy to lose track of the thousands of pictures you take. I spend lots of time sorting out pictures I don't need anymore.
Have a good start into the next week.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor! I was 19 when I worked the three jobs. It is amazing what you can do when young? I remember sleeping all weekend and starting again. I made enough to pay for most of my sophomore year in college.