Saturday, May 15, 2021

Day 3189: Soft promises.

 

 

"Challenge": collages, digital.

 



Want music?




Click here 10cc, I'm Not In Love.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 
Update
 
Thursday afternoon, Brandon and daughter Nova, picked me up. I still can't drive till next week. They had asked me to come for the afternoon and evening. They live in the cutest house, where every inch has something beautiful growing. I call Courtney "Mother Earth" because in the 9 years they have lived there, she has planted and learned so much. She knows which plants do what. And they live partly on their own fruit, vegetables, eggs, honey and more. I did take a few pictures of Brandon's rescue cockatiel, Mango. 
 
 
Nova with Mango

Nova, Mango and artist, Noelle in background

Brandon, Nova and Mango



He was in bad shape when they got him, but with care and feeding every four hours, the bird has a long life ahead in #sokugarden, a little heaven.
 
 
 
 
Back in the day ... 

It is my habit from childhood, not to get excited until the actual event happens, as cancellations happened often back then and I learned.

My Dad never made promises, ever.
And so, he never broke a promise.
Mom gave possibilities and some promises.
Do you remember being a kid when time stood still? When the event seemed to be eons away?
And, if you could get it to be moved sooner,  you'd try?
 
I was thinking about that today, as a very grown adult. I learned it as a kid, but it's still true.
You learn who makes soft promises. They teach you. With good intentions, they promise, 
but you have learned over time, that something more important may come up.
So you don't let 100% of your heart believe, 
so it won't hurt if it falls through.
                                  Very childlike indeed.

 

 

 
 

•  A beautiful 2-1/2 minute video, flowers, here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
Rufoud-tailed Jacamar



  
                    

Smiles for Saturday ...
 
 














                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

4 comments:

john said...

I love it that you used part of the butter packaging! Collage artists are always looking everywhere for ephemera to use. :-)

elenor said...

You always manage to tell stories which make me thinking - what I really love.
Cancellations were a huge problem for me when I was a kid. I was totally devastated for the rest of the day when plans changed - not funny for me and not funny for everybody around me. I also remember a friend who blew off every date when she found another occasion which seemed better to her. Very disappointing and frustrating. But that's life, you have to learn to live with it.
Wishing you a happy Sunday.

jacki long said...

Thanks, John, that's my favorite part!

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor,
Maybe we all had some soft promises? And the memory hangs on.
Happy weekend.