Saturday, May 22, 2021

Day 3196: ...planned a surprise.


 

"Table": junk mail collage.

 



Want music?




Click here, Chicago, Searching So Long.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Story time ...

 A quick story from 2007.

I taught for Demura Sensei at Cost Mesa Dojo for 32years. 
We had a tradition of a pretty hard last class of the year,
followed by food and a fun gift exchange.
We changed from our sweaty uniforms into sweats. 
While I went to change they had planned a surprise. 
When I came back into the room, 
they all wore t-shirts with this ...




on the t-shirt front. Drawn by black belt, Bud Arbuckle's 
artist wife, Kathy, it really was a fun surprise.
Fourteen years ago. Wow!

 

 

 
 

•  A sweet 3-minute video, sounds of nature , here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
Atlantic Royal Flycatcher
 
 
  
                    

Smiles for Saturday ...
 
 

 
 
 

 





                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

4 comments:

john said...

Do you work on art everyday or do you make several pieces in one day and take breaks? :-)

elenor said...

I'd say this blog is a great success again.
"Table" is so elegant. Wonderful.
To read your quick stories is always a delight .
The birdies you show are amazing and the Smiles for Saturday are just lovely.
Happy Sunday, dear Jacki!

jacki long said...

To be honest, I have lots of works on file and if I am extra tired, I can pull one from there. More often I take one, two or three and play with them in a digital collage which has so many variations, I am just scraping the tip of the iceburg. I have only been motivated to create new, rarely,. Maybe its the pandemic or the surgery or whatever. TMI?

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Elenor. Your liking the blog gives me a boost, which I often need and appreciate. Thanks again and Happy Weekend! ;o)