Monday, May 24, 2021

Day 3198: Seven weeks!

 

 

 

"Tender Heart":  junk mail collage
 


 

 



Want music?




Click here for Lauren Hill, Can't Take My Eyes Off of You.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

Update 


A quick shoulder up date. Some have asked for a status report. As you read this, it has been seven weeks since the full replacement of my right shoulder. I have been lucky to have on pain, but my patience has had a workout. I have been greatly helped by WW bringing in food, and staying with me the first night home. The Nomura's, Suzuki's who helped bring meals and driving me. The grand hunks and girlfriends who took me to lunch. Flowers and chocolates from Genbu-Kai. I so appreciate you all. I have been driving for a week, and that helps a lot. I do harder PT exercised now, three times a day, still no pain but a little uncomfortable. I will get advanced exercises in three weeks. I saw Dr Sodl, the surgeon last Wednesday. He had three x-rays ordered. He showed me and said everything was perfect. He was surprised at the no pain part. Based on the way I am healing, he said I might do the left shoulder replacement in August. He will check again in two months. TMI? I apologize.

 

  

 

 
 

•  A beautiful 5-minute video, travel video , here.


 
 
Just because ...
 
 
 
Rockjumper
 
 


  
                    

Smiles for Monday ...
 
 



















                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

6 comments:

john said...

Glad you shoulder is doing so well. Hang in there with the treatment. Love the lime green in your latest piece. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. Junk mail collage makes me happy.

Libby Williamson said...

I’m happy for the progress report on your shoulder. It sounds like things are progressing really well. I know I’m not surprised. You are one tough cookie! Nothing hold you back. Hopefully he will continue to heal and be back doing cartwheels and handstands soon.

elenor said...

Jacki, it's so wonderful to read this good news. No pain, already driving, making great art - that's perfect.
Here it is so cold, morning temperatures in the 40s, high temperatures around 60 to 65. And it rains every day, but at least there are some dry hours with a tiny bit of sunshine. Nevertheless nature looks lovely in spring.
Have a good time.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Libby. It seems so long since we zoomed. I know you keep busy. I hope it works for you to come on the 8th?

jacki long said...

Oh Elenor, that rain sounds so good. We are in dire need of rain, and a lot. Here everything is so dry, then we have the horrendous winds and fires.