Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Day 2805: Showing up.





Cecilia: acrylic, collage, marker on heavy w/c paper, postcard





I completed the postcard started yesterday, today, here,
Yesterday it looked like this when I stopped.
 
3.

Today I resumed work.

4.
5.
6.
 
7.
 
8.







Want music?

 




Click here for Barbara Lewis, Hello Stranger.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?





Did you see the movie Groundhogs Day
A 1993 American fantasy comedy film starring Bill Murray 
as a TV weatherman who, during an assignment 
covering the annual Groundhog Day event is caught 
in a time loop, repeatedly reliving the same day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rAyThU_J3I

I got up this morning, made my bed, showered,got dressed,
and all of the normal stuff, in pretty much in the same sequence, 
and I thought of that movie. I didn't put on the tv today, 
it slows me down and I am already slow. Enough for now.
Friends send me Covid19 facts and I've read them but not today. 
I save them all in a Covid19 folder to read if I want stress.


One blog that I follow faithfully is here
Carol Mulvenon writes a wonderful, short blog almost daily. 
 Sometimes she shares recipes, or her knitting, projects.
 Or pictures from her walks, and always so good to start the day. 
Carol is a palliative nurse in a Kansas hospital. 
Today she shared her perspective on Covid19.
To me, it was meaningful, concise and actually 
comforting, so I thought I would share, just in case.




2GN2S:

Insightful documentaries, shows and more

 

our website right now.Staying at home is now mandatory for the safety of our community. But if you're at a loss for what to do with the free time on your hands, or just seeking something to enrich your holistic knowledge of the world, KCET is here to provide you with more than 100 insightful programs to stream for free. Browse our list of 122 programs available to watch on



2GN2S#2:

Zoo shares adorable pictures of orangutans playing with their otter friends


A zoo in Belgium has shared some amazing photos of a blossoming friendship between a family of orangutans and their otter neighbors. The animals live together at Pairi Daiza zoo in Domaine du Cambron, as part of a the program designed to maintain the primates' wellbeing in captivity.


"The otters really enjoy getting out of the water on the orangutan island to go and play with their big, furry friends," said Goedefroy, adding that Berani and Ujian have developed a particularly strong bond with their neighbors.


"It makes life more fun and interesting for both animal species, which makes it a very successful experiment," he said.




Smiles (10) for Wednesday ...




























2 comments:

john said...

You have an innate sense of proposition. Looking at Cecilia I marvel at how you create someone out of paper and make them look so realistic.propostionally. Great job! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John.
She was a little more work because of my self impose color & position, but collage can fix anything?