Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Day 2832: Never give up?




"Diane": ink brush drawing, junk mail collage & digital, postcard.

Yesterday I did a quick sketch of Diane Birch singing. 



She had a big hat on and I wasn't able to make it work.



Since the hat was also ink,  I used white gesso to cover the brim and collaged a hat with junk mail to cover. Collage comes in handy.
Never give up?






Want music?

 




Click here for Prince, Scandalous
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?






I have mentioned a favorite blogger, Carol Mulvenon
who today showed a hand-painted banner on a garage door.
That brought back a special memory. 

Once, 30+ years ago, I saw a tiny house where a sign
was painted on the whole side of the house,  in
large clumsy letters "I love you, Darlene". 
It left the observer to make up their own story.
The house has long since been repainted, but I still remember.






2GN2S:




During the quarantine, island buffalo roam the Catalina beach. 



Just because ...

Roseate Spoonbill by Ronald Kotinsky




Smiles for Tuesday ...




















  


  










6 comments:

john said...

Success with sketching and collage. :-). I did not know there were buffalo on Catalina Island.

elenor said...

I like how each of your posts is different - and always interesting, funny, heart warming, always with a lovely piece of art, ....
Yesterday evening I spent some time with the link you shared - “People matching artworks”. Just great! And today I already was "checking" the site of your favorite blogger.
Isn't it great how we can connect all over the world in times of social distancing and forced isolation? Maybe some kind of silent prostest against all the current craziness?
Stay safe, Jacki!

Nanci said...

Hi Jacki
Love your collage of Diane Birch and the hat you substituted, it looks better than the hat she wore. Creative license, hehe

jacki long said...

Thanks, John, good old gesso!
Yes, the buffalo have been on the island for a long time, but mainly away from the city of Avalon. I remember seeing them when I was a littl kid, and we toured the island in a jeep. I have always been fascinated with buffalo.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor. So lovely to hear from you. I am glad you and your family are doing well. It is a strange time we are in. My three grandhunks, age 19, 20/21 in June, and 22 are finding it difficult. I think it will be more so in the summer if we are not freed up by then. I have concerns about opening up too soon? Thank goodness for humor, we need it so much. Please take good care and thank you for your kind words of encouragement.


jacki long said...

Hu Nanci, so nice to hear from you. Yes, creative license saves me quite often. ;o) I am, unlike you, not too swift with perspective. Thank goodness for gesso! ;o)