Monday, April 20, 2020

Day 2824: I got lucky!




"Nell": acrylic base, junk mail collage & ballpoint pen drawing postcard.





Want music?

 




Click here for Etta James, At Last.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?




2GN2S:

As you may know, I try to include a feel-good story every day.
Sometimes it is second hand or even recycled, but
today I got lucky. At 2 pm, I was standing at my kitchen 
window where I often observe the microcosm of our village go by.

I heard horns honk. I couldn't see the end of the line as 
they filed in. Mainly minivans driven by Dads in baseball 
caps with Moms orchestrating young ones inside. 
Happy Birthday signs, balloons, flowers, gifts, streamers 
it was a celebration on wheels. 
I watched frozen, as I couldn't believe how many honking cars.

 Finally, I went outside and watched from a nearby post. 
By this time, I deemed the event was for a beloved teacher. 
And, gauging the ages, I decided she was a kindergarten teacher? 
A birthday! The teacher was obviously surprised and thrilled.
I heard so many "I love you's" going both ways. 
Near the end, I went home for my camera, and took a picture 
of some parade vans and families, not ready to go home.



When they had finished the parade, I sheepishly went over 
to ask if I could take their picture? They said yes. 
I asked is she is a teacher? She said yes. 
I said, kindergarten? She said yes in Mission Viejo. 
She is Elizabeth and her husband, Donald? 



She didn't know, but said her classroom aide had organized it.
A great surprise and her neighbors enjoyed it too.





Just because...


Nicobar Pigeons





A smile for Monday ...






















4 comments:

Betty Cotton said...

Jackie -

I read your blog every day and it absolutely delights me...makes me smile...evokes a few "Wow's" at your artwork and more! Not sure where you find all these goodies...but they are so much fun and so fit the times we are in....then and now! You are blessed with a lovely family and also a delight to see these handsome boys grow up as they have....and you are blessed with a daughter....who loves being with her mom on some fun expeditions! Anyway, a good time to let you know your blog does much for the spirit! May you continue to be enjoy good health and keep treating us with your art and fun and meaningful wisdom! Love it...Betty

jacki long said...

Oh, Betty, thank you so much for your super kind words, I love hearing from you. I pray that your family is well, I know you do so much for so many. Please take good care and be safe.

john said...

I burst out laughing at the Knock Knock joke. Nell is fantastic! I love coming here everyday which I did before the distancing. Now it is extra special. Thanks for blogging each day! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, John, I feel the same about your daily work.
I feel so blessed to have you in my life.