Monday, April 6, 2020

Day 2810: Still here.




"Fantasy Bird": junk mail collage & marker on an acrylic background, PS postcard









Want music?

 




Click here for Bill Withers (RIP), Lovely Day.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?





I had an acrylic background on a large sheet of w/c paper.
Just large brushstrokes 7 lines of colors I rarely use.
I folded then tore it into 12 postcard pieces.
 


I have never tried to do a bird, so I started.
Using the given line, I drew sort of a bird shape?


1.
          I used mainly torn pieces of junk mail & catalog.

2

3
Lots of tiny overlaying pieces.

4.

5.

6. Final
close-up

The top photo is the above photo rendered in Photoshop. 
Birds are more difficult that people.




2GN2S:

 
image by @joaodmorgado





A smile for Monday ...















10 comments:

Judy Todd said...

I agree that birds are difficult to make interesting, though you succeeded here.

Anonymous said...

It was amazing to see the development of the beautiful bird and to me, I couldn"t see it at first. You absolutely nailed it! It's wonderful! We miss seeing family and friends too.
Jean

Jane I said...


Jacki, I loved your bird and the colors. Also, thanks for the info

on Covid 19 resources. Jane Ice

john said...

Just plain great! :-)

Nanci said...

Love your bird Jackie, so pretty! We've also been loving the covid19 signs of the times, keep em coming they are all so funny and poinant.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Judy, I think of you every time I post a just because" bird. When I can I like to identify them when they are labeled, but many aren't identified. I always think, Judy would know this. ;o)

jacki long said...

Thank you Jean, I felt the same way when I was working on the bird. It was a blob for quite a while. Thank you for your kind words. There will be some family for you tomorrow.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Jane. I appreciate your feedback,

jacki long said...

Thank you, John. Be safe and well.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Nanci, I so appreciate your feedback and kind words. I am cutting back on the number of smiles a bit, as I try to keep the blog around a minute. I know you are all busy.