Thursday, April 23, 2020

Day 2827: Fragile.






"Fragile": junk mail collage









Want music?

 




Click here for Billie Eilish, Khalid, Lovely.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?






2GN2S:

Royal Ballet dancers keep moving under lockdown.

On March 16, London's Royal Opera House and its renowned dance company, the Royal Ballet closed to the public amid the coronavirus pandemic. Free online broadcasts of past performances have kept audiences connected with the Royal Ballet,

Melissa Hamilton (left), Vadim Muntagirov (middle) and Anna Rose O'Sullivan (right) performing at the Royal Opera House Credit: Alice Pennefather/Andrej Uspenski/Helen Maybanks
but keeping dancers active and connected with one another 
has posed unique challenges.

First Soloists Anna Rose O'Sullivan (left) and Melissa Hamilton (middle & right) training at home

Morning warm-ups, six-hour rehearsals, and live shows are the backbone of a dancer's normal life, they need spacious studios 
with high ceilings to practice choreography and hone their technique, far more space than in the average London flat.


"It's encouraging to see all my colleagues up on the screen when I'm taking a class, and they're all in their kitchens or their lounges, or their hallways, wherever they can find space to move. It becomes very normal now to see people's cats and pets," O'Sullivan said.







For FB Throwback Thursday ...



Yuji Okumoto, at Demura Sensei 25th Anniversary Banquet, Costa Mesa, CA 1990




Smiles for Thursday ...





















4 comments:

elenor said...

You look so marvelous in this photograph, Jacki.

Love your collage, your stories and your smiles. Thanks for helping me going through this difficult time in a more relaxed way by reading your blog.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor, for your oh so kind words that strengthen me. When you are ready, I hope you will return to your beautiful collages. I know I had a period where I just couldn't, so I understand.
The photo was from 3 decades ago, hard to imagine. Yuji is an actor and has been in many films, he is best known for being the bad guy in Karate Kid II.t is a beautiful day here today, though I am in. I ha two telephone doctor appointments today, I think I prefer them. ;o) Take good care.

john said...

I love the placement of the words and also their orientation, upside down. Perfect! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. actually, I created it with this side up. It's just that I always have my text sideways or upside down. A personal quirk?