Thursday, April 30, 2020

Day 2834: Bravo!





"Beverly": ink brush drawing, watercolor, junk mail collage, postcard.









Want music?

 




Click here for Dorothy Moore, Misty Blue.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?






Very short story.


Yesterday when I walking I passed the chalk drawing below. 



It registered in my fuzzy brain, and I went home to get my phone.
With no artist nearby to claim it, I could see tiny hands 
having fun exploring on a big willing canvas.

 
The extra effort put into fitting this heart into the corner. Genius.
This afternoon I got an e-mail with cousin Julia's work.



I can picture her pretty face as she created this joyful guy.
Art for art's sake. When it just has to come out.
The purest art, not for money, likes, clicks, or numbers. 
Bravo!





For FB Throwback Thursday ...


Shogun, 16 weeks, young WonderWoman, age 5, Yorba Linda, 1978




A smile for Thursday ...


























(from my cousin, Katha)


artist, Esther Mols

 

4 comments:

Nanci said...

Hi Jacki
goregous collage of Beverly and I loved the chalk paintings and recipe. Your blog is such a happy place, with visits from WonderWoman, and SUperMan and the Grandhunks. Love catching up on it all. Just lovely.

jacki long said...

Thanks so much Nanci! I never know what each day will bring, but most of the time something pops up. Thanks so much for your kind words, they really help me.

john said...

What a personality Beverly has! The lips and the hair! OMG! I lover her! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. Sometimes their attitude just pops out! ;o)