Saturday, April 4, 2020

Day 2808: Branching out.




"Ruth": junk mail collage & marker on acrylic bacground.





Want music?

 




Click here for Herb Alpert and Brazil 88, Medley.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?





I had an acrylic background on a large sheet of w/c paper.
Just large brushstrokes of colors I rarely use.
I folded then tore it into 12 postcard pieces.


Then I used a pencil then marker to draw ...

I started in with torn pieces from a catalog.


I use Scotch Permanent glue stick and a brayer to adhere.


I like to use text for texture, but always sideways or upside down.





Working on a background is new for me.
Branching out.




Just because ...


Asian Paradise Flycatcher




A smile for Saturday ...


























5 comments:

Branmuffin said...

That "stay home" gif is amazing.

john said...

You amaze me! Your new working on backgrounds is fantastic! Total success! What I especially enjoy is how you make it all work together. The woman has personality. Love how you did the hair. Just brilliant, Jacki! :-)

jacki long said...

Branmuffin, I don't think I have ever called you that? Thanks so much for your feednack. Yes, I aagree that artit is a amazing.

jacki long said...

Dear John, you are so kind. I wasn't real happy with Ruth and almost didn't post it. I am determined to keep doing these background postcards for the whole series of twelve. So hopefully I will like some better?

rustyglo said...

Just remember that millions of people would like to do what you do with scraps of paper and glue. I’m one of them!!!!
Thank you!
rustyglo