Monday, April 13, 2020

Day 2817:The best Easter gift.




"Alice": china marker, acrylic & gesso on 9x12 canvas
 Alice is a canvas done quickly as a demo in a past class.
She has been sitting in my studio giving me looks.


She seems unhappy and requesting a makeover.


Even the background chimed in. 



So I will, sometime soon. I think. Stay tuned?







Want music?

 




Click here for Yo-Yo Ma, Bach Cello Suite No.1 in G Major
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









After 32 day confinement, (or as artist-friend Susan, 
 aka the "jetsetter" calls it, house arrest) my first big holiday. 
Valentine's Day doesn't count when you live alone. 
At 4:30 pm, I got a call on my cell, it was a face-time 
but I didn't realize since I never use facetime, it's 2 way!
Grandhunk #1 was looking at me saying, "we're outside!"
 I was mid-nap but glad to get up and go with my phone ready.


GH#3, WW, GH#2, GH#1 & SM

GH#3, WW, some of GH#2, almost GH#1


SM
a bit of GH#2, GH#1


WW & GH#2
GH#!





A Happy Easter indeed.
Someday real hugs again.





2GN2S:



Miss England 2019 Bhasha Mukherjee, who hung up her crown to continue her work as a doctor during the coronavirus pandemic. Mukherjee was a junior doctor when she won the title and was participating in charity work in India when the outbreak began. Colleagues kept messaging her telling her how dire the situation back home was, so she contacted her old hospital, the Pilgrim Hospital in Boston, eastern England, and told them she wanted to return to work. In Ireland, Prime Minister Leo Varadkar felt a similar calling. Varadkar worked as a doctor for seven years before becoming a politician. He's rejoined the medical register and will work one shift a week to help during the pandemic
.-.-.-.

139 Free-to-Watch Travel Programs to Inspire You.

Voyage Through the Continents in Your Own Home

 A curated list of 139 free travel programs you can watch right now without a membership, on our website and on our free PBS Video app that you can download for your TV, phone or tablet.

.-.-.-.

NASA is showing you the picture the Hubble Space Telescope took on your birthday: Just select your birthday month & day, the generator will reveal a photo from its collection, here.


Here's what mine looked like and the information On December 11 in 2005  Galaxy M81
"The arms of the "grand design" spiral galaxy M81 are filled with young, bluish, hot stars.
The greenish regions in the image are bright, gaseous clouds where new stars are forming."




Smiles for Monday ...





 











 

4 comments:

elenor said...

What a lovely surprise for you to see your family before your front door. How they love you, Jacki!
Thanks also for the links you are providing. Yesterdays were incredible. Todays I still have to check.
Have a good time at home and stay safe.
We are staying indoors too. Yesterday we had a video conference with our sons and family and could chat and watch the little ones looking for their Easter eggs and little presents in the garden.

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Elenor. I am glad you and your family are well. It is mind-boggling to think of you and everyone around the world under homestay? But I think many of us are so spoiled to be able to go through it with food, water, and technology. Maybe patience and faith are the keys? Take good care dear friend.

john said...

I love the personification of Alice and that she is looking out at you wondering when you will do more with her. Fun! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks John, that's what I thought too. I wish I had your drive, it's day 33 for me and I have some sloth days.