Monday, March 23, 2020

Day 2796: Sending a hug ...




"distance": junk mail collage






Want music?

 




Click here for Bob Marley, Everything's Gonna Be Alright.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?







FYI: A friend asked if I listen to the news, 
and if so how could I do these blogs? 
If I listened to every news programs as I feel 
I would become immobilized. 
I listen to just a few, avoiding the rest.
I am determined not to concentrate on how long, 
but instead on one day at a time.





2GN2S:

Amabie: the Japanese Yokai That Can Stave Off Epidemics

 Edo-era tile engraving from Kyoto University Digital Archives


As legend has it, in the 1800s a mythical yokai appeared off the coast of Kumamoto, Japan. The Amabie, as it was called, was described as a mermaid-like creature with long hair, a beak and 3 legs. It made several predictions related to bountiful harvests and, before disappearing back into the sea, left the locals with some advice in case of an epidemic. 

According to records, “If an epidemic occurs, draw a picture of me and show it to everyone,” said the yokai. The advice was perfectly worded for our current, social media-driven world. The legend recently resurfaced in Japan and, sure enough, everyone began creating their own artistic version of the Amabie and posting pictures to social media.  Or you can send yours to me and I will post in the blog?


Freelance illustrator Shunsuke Sataka


Manga artist Keiichi Tanaka
























Cartoonist Sensha Yoshida
Illustrator Izumi Sakuan


























You can see many more original artworks by searching 
(Amabie) on Twitter or Instagram.




Fun ...

 I went to explore.com to watch puppies sleeping live... I did a screenshot to show, but if you go they move and can't sleep forever.


 Just now I went to https://explore.org/livecams/currently
a live/bald-eagle-two-harbors to see ...  
she is sitting on two eggs, the blurry spots are rain.
 


There are so many different live cameras, you are bound to find somebody awake. Puppies, giraffe,  penguins and so many more.
 
https://explore.org/livecams/currently-live/service-puppy-cam

 As some of you know I love Great Danes, and I just went to ...

https://explore.org/livecams/currently-live/great-danes-indoor-room-puppy-cam

He woke up adjusted his position and went back to sleep

 Something good?



 Just because ...















Smiles (10) for Monday ...
























7 comments:

john said...

I love the vertical-ness of this piece. The dog cone on the human humor is priceless! :-)

jeriinpaso said...

This was an amazing blog and loved every bit of it. Gosh I appreciate your brain and you too of course!

Unknown said...

Thank you Jacki! Loved it!

jacki long said...

Thank you "unknown", I'd love to know who I am thanking?

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, jeri, you are so kind. Thanks for the comforting feedback. Virtual hugs to you and Jerry and your family and friends.

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

Fun -- loved the CONE on the person instead of the dog. Not a bad idea. And love that Bob Marley song. hang in there!

jacki long said...

Thanks Pam, Cappuccinoartjournal.blogspot.com. I am so glad you liked it