Sunday, March 22, 2020

Day 2795: Adjusting to new norms.




"Gathering Strength":  junk mail collage.







Want music?

 




Click here for Andy Davis, California Dreaming.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?





Today is a beautiful day outside.


from my studio window.

When I was pouring my tangerine juice and looking out
 of my kitchen window this morning, I saw one of my 
new neighbors working-out in their garage. 
One man, two women, they were dressed for the gym, 
working out with weights, lunges, in earnest. 
Then from next door, a young boy took off on his 
bike wearing a shiny black helmet and black mask. 
Yesterday another neighbor, a young girl about ten, 
who recently got a new pink bike. I watched on the first day 
as her Dad rode his bike with her as she got her bearings.
She set up a lawn chair with a pink umbrella in her
driveway, as she sat and read, enjoying the sun. 
Next time, I will try to get a picture.
Did you ever see the movie, Rear Window?

I checked on Demura Sensei today, he is well 
but says he is bored staying in and watching tv.
I sent him this to cheer him up ...


He sent back, "That picture of you!" 
Thank you Sensei.
His humor is intact.

 



A feel-good story ...



Taran Tien, 9, and his sister, Calliope, 6. 
When they heard their 78-year-old neighbor Helena Schlam, 
a big classical music fan was self-isolating, they put on 
some nice clothes took their cellos to her front porch 
and gave an impromptu concert. For 30 minutes, 
they played music ranging from a Bach minuet to 
"Go Tell Aunt Rhody" for Schlam, 
who hadn't left her home in five days. 
Schlam said it was delightful.

 and another ...



Jayden made brownies and 

 is writing notes to her friends 
and delivering them to their mailboxes.




Just because ...



 American Robin, Turdus migratorius

close-up:  American Robin, Turdus migratorius





Smiles (10) for Sunday ...





















Thanks for stopping by, I hope you come again tomorrow?

 

8 comments:

Atomu said...

The Star Trek joke actually made me Laugh Out Loud. Thank you. I needed that.

Branmuffin said...

Agreed. You've heard about the new Picard series? I haven't seen it but it's intriguing. My mom and I were huge ST:TNG fans.

Betty Cotton said...

Jacki - Wonderful post today! Thanks for keeping us smiling and interested! Your efforts to bring smiles, wisdom and "creativity" to us is very much appreciated. My spirits are rising again after losing my sister to leukemia a few weeks ago. Out of eight, I am the last one standing! Just a little note to say thanks!

john said...

OK, red is the star of your work. It makes everything else support it. Just lovely! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, Atomu, I like that you liked it. I am sorry about your job, that was unthinkable. Hang in there, something good is coming. Love y=to you and your family.

jacki long said...

Hi Brandon, yeah I thought you might like that one. Take good care, love, to you and the whole family.

jacki long said...

Dear Betty, I am so sorry for the great loss of your sister, that must have been a heavy blow.
Thank you for liking the blog and taking precious time to comment, I really appreciate you. Please take good care of you and Tom and your family during this trying time.

jacki long said...

Thank you John, I so appreciate your feedback. You are an extension of my blog, as people often refer to you and your comments. I like that.