Monday, March 9, 2020

Day 2782: I love Connie!




"Connie O": acrylic, gesso & marker on grey paper







Want music?

 




Click here for The Commodores, Just to Be Close to You.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?







I started to write about Neil Postman
who I learned about through Austin Kleon,
but then I decided to write about Connie O,
who I met years ago in a large class at Catalyst.
I was walking around, and heard her say, "you're not mean." 
I stopped in my tracks, and said "... what?" 
She repeated it, saying she had thought I was mean.
I said, "oh I hope not." She said, "oh no, you're not".
The class of near twenty looked at me with renewed interest.
She explained that she had mistaken me for someone else.
That settled, Connie became a very special student.
A lovely lady who reminds me of my Aunt Martha.
That is like having an Oscar, Emmy, Tony and more.
A little bit in appearance, and a lot in personality.
Over the years I have come to know and dearly love this lady.
She comes into my class with a rolling cart, ready to have fun.
Last Friday I found a metal sign on my desk while teaching.

Yes, it was from Connie, as well as a beautiful watercolor 
postcard in the mail a week earlier when I was ill.


Connie is funny, kind, thoughtful and a blessing.
Thank you, Connie, for you!





Just because ...









A smile for Monday ...






3 comments:

jeriinpaso said...

Love all of your post!

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, jeri, you are so kind!

john said...

Just amazing what one can make with different mediums. Love Mona, too! :-)