Saturday, March 28, 2020

Day 2801: My hair is on time-out!





"High Hair": ink, watercolor, acrylic on a fold-out journal page








Want music?

 




Click here for Tammi Terrell & Marvin Gaye, Your Precious Love.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?




definitely TMI:

My hair is on time-out!
I heard myself say that yesterday as I talked to Ann. 
From a safe distance, on the phone, almost daily. 
As soon as I said it, I knew it would today's headline. 
You see my hair has taken this retirement thing to the extreme. 
Half have left for Florida!
What's left isn't happy not to have gone and I suspect 
are sneaking a few out with every shower and brushing. 
My hair used to be so accommodating, but not now. 
So, as a time out, I have pulled all remaining hair 
into an old lady bun, until things get better. 
My hairdresser, Julie, says that it happens with age.
I say no, it's a mutiny and they are all awol.






Just because ... 

Valais Blacknose




Smiles (10) for Saturday ...

























4 comments:

john said...

Just perfect in so many ways. The hair, the background. The humor1. :-)

elenor said...

You made me laugh, Jacki, which is a good thing for our health.
Here we already have two weeks of isolation behind us. Just a visit at the pharmacy and a grocery shop. Strange, isn't it?
stay safe!

jacki long said...

Thank you John, she's kinda crazy?

jacki long said...

Oh Elenor, so good to hear from you. Yes a strange time indeed.
Trying to focus on the humor and positive?
Please take good care and be safe.