Friday, March 6, 2020

Day 2779: Mistaken Orders.




"escape": junk mail collages & digital.







Want music?

 




Click here for Al Jarreau, Mornin'
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?







I got a gift this morning! From good friend Stan and I thought I would share it with you. I started with the 2-minute video and was so touched, I eagerly watched all three. Heartwarming indeed.

2 min:here. 5 min:here, & 14min:here.
We are all touched by dementia in this age and this was wonderful.
A great, feel good way to start the day. 
If you've ever been to Japan, you'll know that in Japanese restaurants, mistakes are not made. And on the off chance that a mistake is made, even a trivial one, the lengths that proprietors will go to make things right with their customers must, in the eyes of a Westerner, be seen to be believed. But as its name suggests, the Tokyo pop-up Restaurant of Mistaken Orders does things a bit differently. "You might think it's crazy. A restaurant that can't even get your order right," says its English introduction page. "All of our servers are people living with dementia. 


They may, or may not, get your order right. "Un-Japanese though that concept may seem at first, it reflects realities of Japanese society in the 21st century. Japan has an aging population with an already high proportion of elderly people, and that puts it on track to have the fastest-growing number of prevalent cases of Alzheimer's Disease.



Thanks, Stan!





Just because ...







A smile for Friday ...






5 comments:

john said...

I love the white line over the black in this piece. Movement is probably my favorite element in art works. So cool! :-)

jeriinpaso said...

Love the dementia restaurant ❤❤❤

jacki long said...

Thanks JOHN, I thought of you when I added the white. ;op

jacki long said...

Thanks, jeri, me too. A feel-good, right?

Carrol Wolf said...

Thanks Jacki,

I watched all three. As you may know, my father had Alzheimer's for many years. My brother and I were able to keep him in his own home until the last 4 months. So I am happy we were able to support him that way. He did not remember my mother who he had been married to for 48 years before she died. And by the end of his life, I was the nice lady and my brother was the man who worked in the garage. (They both shared an antique auto fastener hobby business.)

And I really liked the perspectives of the family members and care takers shown in the film also.