Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Day 2790: And our world changed.




"Jeff": ink brush drawing, markers, junk mail collage on cardboard.







Want music?

 




Click here for Chaka Khan, Sweet Thing.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?





I am sitting in my office, looking out at the primarily white sky.
If I hurry I might be able to photograph a patch of blue.




I did. And now the sky is solid white.
Today is special. 47 years ago WonderWoman was born. 























 



We didn't know whether we would have a boy or a girl?
I know my hair was in two long ponytails with blue ribbons. 
And our world changed in all ways wonderful. 















































     

       Happy Birthday!
   WONDERWOMAN!









A feel-good story ...


Officer Michael Rivers and Michelle, who shared an eye-opening meal on a roadside in North Carolina. Rivers was driving by when he noticed a homeless woman he had never seen before, and read her shirt: "Homeless. The fastest way of becoming a nobody." The officer drove on, but something moved him to turn around and ask if the woman had eaten yet. She said no, so he grabbed a few pizzas and took a seat next to her to break bread and share some conversation. The woman said her name was Michelle, and the pair talked about her family and her 12-year-old daughter, who is battling liver disease. Someone took a photo of the moment and shared it on social media, where thousands of people offered support and well-wishes to Rivers for his kindness, and Michelle for her powerful message about the realities of homelessness.





Just because ...



Ochre Owl






A smile for Tuesday ...






6 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Jacki! I enjoy reading your daily blog.
Thank's for keeping me motivated!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Julie! I enjoy your blog and have reccomended it. Keep up the good work! ;o)

john said...

Well, I am impressed with Jeff’s eyelids. I love how you did them. Good for you to do another male. I know how you feel challenged by them. You did a great job! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John, I always think of you and hope you'll be pleased?

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

Yes, the world did change in a flash! Thanks for thje uplifting thoughts.

jacki long said...

Thank you so much, I love getting feedback. I am glad you liked it. Hope you drop by again when time allows. ;o)