Friday, March 20, 2020

Day 2793: A long distance hug.


"S&H":junk mail collage.








Want music?

 




Click here for Minnie Riperton, Memory Lane.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?





I sat at my desk this morning with the shades all the way up, 
so I can enjoy the rain when it comes. When in my 
periphery vision I caught movement and got distracted.
 

There is a three-story pine outside my window, my eye caught two



 well-fed squirrels in motion. As I watched, one turned and faced  downward. He was upside down and we held eye contact for what seemed a minute. I thought, wow, what great muscle control. I glanced away and he was gone. I started the day with a call from Brandon, and while we were on the phone the doorbell rang. Not a polite ring but like a kid, ding-dong, ding-dong. I told Brandon about the doorbell, he seemed cautious saying "keep me on the phone while you answer", and I did. I found WW and GH#2 standing by their car with a shopping bag of goodies on my step.
I didn't think to get a photo,  but a great way to start a day.






Just because ...
 

Great Blue Heron (ardea heridias)






Smiles (10) for Friday ...














8 comments:

jeriinpaso said...

Hugs to you too!

john said...

Thanks for the humor that you are providing. It helps. Glad you are continuing to create. Hugs! :-)

Carrol Wolf said...

Had to bring Stan over to my computer to enjoy the laughs. Thanks for posting these. I will, of course, send some of them on and take credit for finding them. :)

jacki long said...

Thanks, jeri. It's fun to compile them, there are so many and we need humor so badly.

jacki long said...

Thank you John, I love it when you like it.
All is well, and sometimes, funny.

jacki long said...

Thank you Carrol, I am glad you like them.
Of couse share them and enjoy. More to come.

Julie said...

Thanks for the funnies! I can't wait to pass them on!

jacki long said...

Oh good, Julie, we all need to laugh.
Please take good care!