Monday, March 16, 2020

Day 2789: Choosing good stuff.





"Edna": step-by-step, ink brush drawing, watercolors & junk mail collage.







Want music?

 




Click here for Babyface, When Will I See You.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?





A quick true story. 
I told this to a friend and she said it belongs in the blog?
While at the house on the hill Friday, with my two granddogs, 



I decided to go into the living room where they are allowed 
on the couch since WW added a fluffy throw to protect the couch.
I sat in the middle, as usual, Zoey climbed up 
to my left and Laker on the right.

Zoey
I petted both, but as I was petting Zoey, Laker waked 
across my lap, and stood with two feet on each side of me.
Thus allowing me only to pet him. 
When I tried to move, he leaned in and pinned me to the couch.
I laughed and he knew he was funny.
I tried to push him with my body, he leaned in more
and licked my face, with a big smile.
No pictures, as I was pinned for a while, 
but it would have made a funny short video.




For the record, Zoey loves to have her picture taken, 
like most teenage girls. Laker at almost 9, not so much.




Feel good video.
There's always time for cute animal videos. That time is now. (30 sec.)
Breathe in. Breathe out. You're a baby lamb on a cool, grassy hill being tended to by your wise dog friend. Or, maybe you're the dog. 
Either way, you are at peace. All is well. (Click here to view)






Just because ...


Kingfisher (Alcedo atthis)




A smile for Monday ...








4 comments:

jeriinpaso said...

Wow,this was a home run, great art,wonderful dogstory and loved the dog feeding the lamb🥰♥️

john said...

Great story about the dogs. I can see you pinned down just waiting for the opportune time to escape.

I love looking at the steps you took to begin and complete this piece. I love that the background ephemera with writing on it moves my eye to the left. Kind of throws me off balance in a way. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks so much jeri, I'm glad you liked it.

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, John,
I looked at some of the others, and I do tend to add ephemera on one side or the other. I guess unconsciously, and liked it? More and more I am liking a slightly unfinished look?