Sunday, March 15, 2020

Day 2788: On restriction and grateful.





flipbook girl: ink sketch, collage, and acrylic.






I am on restriction. For the first time since high school.
Can you believe that, at age 78?
For my own good, WonderWoman wants me to stay home.
She will buy whatever I need, for me. 
In fact, she has already stocked my frig for me.
I can drive anywhere I want, I just can't go in,
unless it's her house on the hill. 
After careful consideration, I have decided to be grateful 
(instead of resentful or fearful) for my many blessings.
I have received notice of so many closures and cancelations.
And even that is good for the health and safety of others.
I receive a daily "Good News" from CNN,
 CNN’s Good Stuff TheGoodStuff@newsletters.cnn.com
 and today's might be worth sharing?

2GN2S:
the Good stuff



March 14, 2020
If there were ever a time to be reminded that we're all in this together, it would be now. It’s never been more important to look out for your neighbors, your friends and others whose lives are going to be affected by this strange and scary time in history. Remember that caution and vigilance are forms of kindness. We’re all taking care of each other. And the difficult part is, we’re going to have to do it without the hugs and fellowship we’re used to! At least we have an amazing array of ways to keep in touch when we can’t, you know, actually, touch. Keep those phones ringing, those texts flowing and those emails going. Reach out. Support each other. And wash your hands!








Want music?





Click here for Quincy Jones & Tevin Campbell, Tomorrow.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?





Just because ...


John Dirvanowski to Pacific Northwest Birders
Up at the Samish flats and found the lovely couple again.


A smile for Sunday ...


I don't know the author, (I wish it was me) but I totally agree.




6 comments:

cherril doty said...

Thank you, Jacki, as always. :)

john said...

Wonder Woman is right. I have also self-quarantined. It is what we can do to try and stop the spread of this virus. A friend wrote me that she needs to get out of the house every now and again. So she takes her New York Times to a street overlooking Puget Sound. She remains in the car while she reads to paper and then she goes home again. Glad you have plenty of food. Wonder Woman rocks! :-)

Carrol Wolf said...

My daughter and son have both told us we are to stay put. We are still allowed to drive to grocery store for the time being. However, my daughter informed me that she will be getting meds and food in the near future as the virus continues to spread. (Which is will because of serious mis-management from our leadership. 'nuf said".

jacki long said...

Thanks, cherril,

I have always meant for this silly blog to be positive, avoiding politics and religion, in favor of humor and positivity. Now more than ever, I plan to amp it up. Thanks again cherril.

jacki long said...

Thanks, John, that's what I plan when I get antsy, I'll drive to the beach and do a Pacific check for Rad Nana in Colorado. She misses the Pacific.
Take good care.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Carrol!
So good to talk to you today. I hope you found the graphite that you wanted? I'm betting that ASW will cancel the sale this weekend, so that will include the Saturday 3/21 workshop I am signed up for. Take good care, love to you and Stan and your family.