Friday, April 28, 2023

Day 3905: Format and Costco.


\
"Strategies": ink, collage, digital.


 * PS Alert: My significant other (Mac Pro laptop) is still ill, and not himself. I am not able to format, so things are out of place.

 

Want music?

                                            
 

Click here: Judith Hill, Cry, Cry, Cry

 click back on this blog here to listen while you browse, or not?

 

2GN2S ...


Back in 2016, I developed what I call the "cheeseburger format" ...
I think of each blog post as a hamburger!


The top bun is a piece of my artwork. This is because early on I was told that some liked the art part. So this part of the sandwich is fairly easy, as I do art pretty much every day & when I don't,  I do have files!




 
The middle or meat & cheese, is a few sentences, observations, often just nonsense, so I keep it short. Short because early on, 3905+ days ago ...I asked my daughter, WW, if she had read my blog?
In that daughter voice that you know, 
if you have one, ... she said, "Mom, I am so busy!" And she was right, she was! But, I said in my well-practiced Mom voice ... "Erin, it takes less than a minute!" And so, I try to keep it short, usually. I know you are all busy. Sometimes there are short garnishes/condiments as it were, 2GN2S (too good bot to share), videos, just because, TBT (Throw Back Thursdays)etc.

 
The bottom bun is the "smile" for the day.
Everyone seems to like that, and ...


and I have a huge funny file.




Thanks so much for visiting today, 
I do appreciate you.
Hope to see ya tomorrow?
 


 

While WonderWoman was still in town, we went to Costco. I don't think anyone goes to Costco to just look around? It is usually with specific needs, and even then we come home with more. That Wednesday I was suddenly tired and sat on a ledge near the entrance and just people watched. WW went in for my 4 items. For one thing, I like to see what is in their carts? Then I look to see what they wear? Wednesday it was warm and summer seemed the consensus? I saw one little boy being almost dragged to keep up with his Mom who was definitely in a hurry. I watched a tall Dad lift his little girl so high that her legs were dangling so he could thread her legs through the shopping cart seat. The legs didn't cooperate, but the Dad gently lifted her higher and tried again, successfully. A young lady walked by with perfect posture that made me sit straighter. Many sat at the tables provided and ate ice cream, strawberry seemed to be the favorite? I would have seen more, but WW is fast and efficient and through in record time, 20 minutes, 4 items. 

 


 
 
A great 5+minute video, Buterahere.


 
Just because ...
  
Grey-headed Bush-Shrike


 


Smiles for Friday ...
 
  


 






                             Thanks for coming by today ...

 

 

6 comments:

elenor said...

Jacki, your "cheeseburger format" is quite successful. I love the variety of your themes.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Carol Florek said...

Your hamburger format is perfect! 👌🏼🍔 I love that, in the moment, you observed some fun stuff while people watching.

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor, it sounds funny, but it made sense to me? Our weather is starting to warm up, 90' today.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Carol, it is lovely hearing from you,as I know you are very busy.Please take good care.

john said...

I love the black and white ephemera in the lower right of your piece. Texture is all about what it is. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John.
It was fun, can you tell?