Saturday, April 22, 2023

Day 3899: Togo and Bounce around.


"Barrage": junk mail collage, digital.


 * PS Alert: My significant other (Mac Pro laptop) is still ill, and not himself. I am not able to format, so things are out of place.


                                         

Want music?

                                            
 

Click here: Judith Hill, Cry, Cry, Cry

 click back on this blog here to listen while you browse, or not?


2GN2S ...

When a deadly disease gripped an Alaskan town, a dog saved the day—but history hailed another

Leonhard Seppala with his sled dogs, ca. 1925. Togo (far left) and Seppala are the subject of the film Togo, which chronicles the oft-misreported 'serum run' of 1925.

The movie Togo recounts an act of heroism in the midst of a frightening outbreak. Here star Willem Dafoe describes putting a face to the modest man at its core—and, almost a century on, why Togo finally gives one underdog its due.

A deadly disease strikes the children of a tiny, snowed-in Alaskan gold-rush town. Vials of treatment are hundreds of miles away. A storm is brewing. Only a dog sled can bring vital serum to save the kids.

How did the rescue happen? Meet the brave and determined Togo (pictured at left, above).

Read the full story here.


 

I so appreciate you who stop by this little blog when you can. I know you never know what you will get? When I first started 3899 days ago ... I was told to have a subject matter, so people would know what to expect. But, as is obvious by now, I don't follow directions well.
 
I guess art friends are drawn to the art stuff,
my Karate family tune in around tournament time, my family for family stuff,  some just stop by for the smiles? And, I bounce around in between.


Thanks for you patience.

 


 
 
A great 5-minute video, Size Comparison, here.


 
Just because ...
 
Pheasant (female)


 


Feel Good Smiles for Saturday ...
 
 



 






                             Thanks for coming by today ...

4 comments:

john said...

Amazing layering. :-)

elenor said...

Jacki, I love the daily surprise. Each day I wonder what you found for us and I'm never disappointed. It's the mixture I like and that you are always positive. Thanks, Jacki!

jacki long said...

Thanks, John.I love getting your opinion.

jacki long said...

Thank you, dear Elenor, your kind words fuel me! p;o)