Monday, April 3, 2023

Day 3880: Bonsai and tech-troubles.

    

"War Ruins": photo, junk mail collage,digital.

 * PS Alert: My significant other (Mac Pro laptop) is still ill, and not himself. I am not able to format, so things are out of place. I'll call Apple Care again tomorrow  ;op

                                         

Want music?

                                            
 

Click here: Deniece Williams, Free

 click back on this blog here to listen while you browse, or not?

 

2GN2S ...

Veggies as Miniature Bonsai


Bonsai, as we all know, is the Japanese art of growing miniature trees. Some bonsai trees are hundreds of years old while the technique itself is thousands. The art form has inspired other genres from painting to contemporary installation. But its latest iteration reimagines ordinary household vegetables as miniature bonsai toys.


The brainchild of toy-maker Takara Tomy, “Bonsai” is a new line-up of miniature capsule toys hitting gachapon machines across Japan as we speak. From scallion and asparagus to broccoli and cauliflower, the collection consists of 5 varieties of veggie bonsai that have been pristinely shaped into sculptural forms that elicit a feeling of something ancient and wild.



Still growing crazy with tech stuff, but hopefully I am learning? I thought I had lost 48,654 items or131.47 GB and it felt like the loss of a limb? I called Apple Care (which has always been amazing) and got David who tried to help, but after 45 minutes

we stopped Apple Care while trying to download 48K items, and we knew it would take a long time, so I let it run. At 5 pm I checked and saw this ...


So I still don't have my trouble resolved, but at least I am able to get to my stuff. Yesterday I found these three consecutive photos of L'il Grandhunk #3 and WonderWoman, that I took in 2005


  


18 years ago, slid by in a blink of the eye.



 

 
A great 2+minute video, Humming bird & Dog, here.


 
Just because ...
  

Red-Necked_Falcon



 


Smiles for Monday ...
  


 







                             Thanks for coming by today ...


4 comments:

elenor said...

It's not only the troubles with a computer that are annoying it's also the time one loses while trying to fix them. Jacki, I hope you get the help you need soon.
I had a wonderful day with the kids, you know how happy it makes one feel.

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor, I hope to have it figured out soon.

john said...

Isn’t it amazing that one finds beauty even in the ruins. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. Yes, that's true.Hope you are well?