Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Day 3882: Snail fish and taxes.

 

   

"Control": junk mail collage


* PS Alert: My significant other (Mac Pro laptop) is still ill, and not himself. I am not able to format, so things are out of place.


                                         

Want music?

                                            
 

Click here: Bob Marley, Jammin'

 click back on this blog here to listen while you browse, or not?

 
 

2GN2S ...

Fish at Lowest Depth Ever Recorded

A snail fish discovered five miles beneath the ocean surface.

Scientists have filmed a snailfish five miles underwater in the Izu-Ogasawara Trench south of Japan. It is the deepest fish ever recorded.

“We have spent over 15 years researching these deep snailfish,” Alan Jamieson, head of the Minderoo-UWA Deep-Sea Research Centre, said in a statement. “There is so much more to them than simply the depth, but the maximum depth they can survive is truly astonishing.”

Scientists managed to film a juvenile snailfish 27,350 feet underwater in the Izu-Ogasawara Trench, the deepest fish on record, and a few days later caught two snailfish in traps set 26,320 feet underwater. Before this expedition, no one had seen or caught a single fish in the Izu-Ogasawara Trench, Jamieson said.

“The Japanese trenches were incredible places to explore,” he said. “They are so rich in life, even all the way at the bottom.”

great video, here.


I am working on taxes, herding papers is on my docket today.




 
I hate it and thought I might bury my head in the sand?




But I guess that won't make it all go away?
Trying to be a responsible adult is hard work! 
And being someone who is ...




And lots of things! I was wondering about that ostrich behavior ...so of course, I got distracted, I googled!


So does an ostrich bury its head in the sand? Contrary to some popular depictions which support  this myth, the ostrich does not bury its head in the sand.




This myth is derived from the ostrich's defensive behavior of lying low at the approach of trouble and pressing their long necks to the ground in an attempt to become less visible. Their plumage blends well with sandy soil and, from a distance this gives the appearance that they have buried their heads in the sand. Some ostrich facts:

    The flightless ostrich is the world's largest bird.

•    The giant eggs are the largest of any living bird at 6" long and weighing as much as two dozen chicken eggs

    Ostrich’s eggs are incubated by the dominant female by day and by the male by night

    The ostrich has the largest eye of any land animal, measuring almost 5 cm across, allowing it to spot predators at long distances.

    Ostriches are the fastest runners of any birds or two-legged animals, can sprint at over 44 miles per hour, and covering up 
to 19 feet in a single stride.

    When threatened ostriches run, however, their powerful and long legs can be used as weapons, capable of killing a human or a potential predator with a forward kick.

Bonus: a 20 sec. video here, that shows ostrich get distracted too.

 
 
A great 20 second video, dancing Ostrichhere.

 
Just because ...
  

Crow



 


Smiles for Wednesday ...
  
 



 






                             Thanks for coming by today ...

 

 

 

8 comments:

elenor said...

Your collage is wonderful, Jacki. For me the yellow vertical strip is controlling it all. AM I wrong.
Most of the facts about ostrich were new to me. Learned something new this evening. Thanks, Jacki!

Branmuffin said...

Hi Jacki,

Courtney showed me some video of that fish last night too!

So I had a thought on your current issues w/ formatting etc. on your blog, as well as issues you're experiencing with Photoshop. I just ran into an issue myself using the Google Chrome browser, and some things weren't working like they should. I don't know much about how Safari (or whichever browser you're using) works on Mac, but what I did to fix my issues was clear cache.

Here's a general article to read: https://www.macworld.com/article/677632/how-to-delete-cache-on-a-mac.html

From it: Another reason to clear your Mac’s cache is for troubleshooting purposes. Perhaps your Mac, or just a particular app, is running poorly and you want to see it deleting data from the cache fixes the issue. This is probably the last case scenario after restarting the troublesome app, restarting your Mac, and possibly deleting and reinstalling the app.

But really here, I think you'd be looking at doing 2 things:

1. Clear browser cache...further down that article I linked, it has a section on clearing this. Try doing that.

2. Clear (delete) application cache files...even further down there's a section on this. I would maybe try to focus on finding the Photoshop cache and clearing that in particular.

Before you attempt this, it may be best if you talk and confirm with Apple people that this is a good option, before trying it. I don't want to be the reason that things completely break on your Mac!

Nova's getting better, but Courtney's now sick, so will update you later to see if maybe we can come over and figure this out.

jacki long said...

Thannks Elenor, I am glad you liked it and yes, I thought the yellow was an arm of control?I learn a lot doing this silly blog, as I have to check on the accuracy of what I am relaying.

jacki long said...

Thanks Brandon, You know me pretty well, since I can access (with considerable effort) my jumbo folder sitting in i-cloud storage, I can get the blog done. But of course are right, I need to solve it. I bet you're right about the cache. It helped me once before, but I can't remember what I did? I can get there, but I am drowning in taxes, seems a lot harder at 81?
So glad Nova is better, but sorry Courtney has it. She does so much, maybe her immune system invites the passing germs so it can rest??

john said...

You may be having formatting issues but I would never know that. Love this piece! :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks John, I needed that.Tech problems drive me crazy!Crazier!!

john said...

Do you look at your collages as being strong? I do. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, I do consider that a compliment, and in college, several times professors thought a man had done it?