Sunday, April 2, 2023

Day 3879: Tatoo and Hearing.

"Tribulation": junk mail collage, digital.


 * PS Alert: My significant other (Mac Pro laptop) is ill, and not himself. I am not able to format, so things are out of place.I'll call Apple Care again tomorrow;op


         

Want music?

 
 

Click here: Al Green, Simply Beautiful.

then click back on this blog here 

to listen while you browse, or not?

 

2GN2S ...

Cover Girl



Apo Whang-Od, a 106-year-old tattoo artist from the Philippines who is now the oldest Vogue cover model. Oh, that we could all be as cool as Whang-Od, who is considered her country's oldest mambabatok — or traditional Kalinga tattooist. Her tattoos use an age-old hand-tapping technique, which she perfected as a teenager using just a bamboo stick, a thorn from a pomelo tree, water and coal. Her work is now internationally known, and she told Vogue Philippines she's training her granddaughters to carry on the stunning and meaningful art form.



I only have one ear, oh there are two on the outside, but only one sorta working on the inside. People ask how it happened, I had a severe case of mumps in 1958 with a very high temperature. It resulted in nerve loss in both ears, no hearing at all. They gave me an ($1 a pill )expensive medication (at that time) to flush the nerves. Gradually the left ear came back strong, the right is still AWOL. I learned to lipread in collage so I could hear or read the professors in class. Now at 81, my poor left ear is tired of carrying the weight of hearing for both and is failing. I miss out a lot, and have to ask for a repeat more that I want.

 

I had a hearing aid. A small one but it missed some tones I think. I recently went to WW's for six days, I had it, then I couldn't find it. It's so tiny 1/2"x3/4" that doesn't show when worn. We checked everywhere but Zoey, boxers are four-legged garbage disposals, they eat anything. I don't think she is to blame, but none of us wanted to check and find out!


 
 
A great 8-minute video, Blind craftsmanhere.



 
Just because ...
  

Snowy Owl



 


Smiles for Sunday ...
  

 
 
 


                             Thanks for coming by today ...

 


6 comments:

Sam Zimmerman said...

I have a tattoo from Whang-Od, such an amazing experience going to her village to get it!

elenor said...

Jacki, I'm so sorry you have problems with your good ear and hope you'll get help soon. A new device?
Tomorrow the grandkids are coming. I'm already excited.

jacki long said...

Wow, Sam! I want to hear more about that??

jacki long said...

Thanks and Oh good, I know how happy you will be to b with family. Have fun!

john said...

Love the light in this piece. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks you, John, me too.I can't say that every time.