Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Day 3896: Geraniums and Polaroid.

"Prayers for Ukraine": acrylics, collage.


  * PS Alert: My significant other (Mac Pro laptop) is still ill, and not himself. I am not able to format, so things are out of place.

 

                                         

Want music?

                                            
 

Click here: Neil Sedaka, Laughter in the Rain 

click back on this blog here to listen while you browse, or not?

 

2GN2S ...

www.mypaintedgarden.com

Geraniums are now blooming
 (above in Erin's garden and in mine below)




Geraniums are important to me, since I am one? 



Some of you know why I am a geranium ... but if not, see a quick explanation here
Today I am identifying with this little geranium bud ...





late to bloom ... but thinking about it. 
Ever have days like that?



Have you seen a Polaroid Emulsion Lift?



Grandpa Lister and Uncle Earl: Polaroid emulsion lift on card


Cabo pelican: Polaroid emulsion lift on a card


A few years ago I took an all day class and
tried Polaroid emulsion lifts for the first time. 


breathing: Polaroid emulsion lift on a card


An emulsion lift (or emulsion transfer) is when the emulsion layer is removed from a sheet of instant film and then transferred to a different surface. 

 
bigger collage: Polaroid emulsion lift on a card



So I experimented, using old photos and art work ...

Mom @ 13: Polaroid emulsion lift on card


Many steps, and when you finally 
pull off the lift it is very fragile.



Uncle Pete & Jill: Polaroid emulsion lift on a card




Many in class used water on the surface to further smooth the image, I liked the randomness of how it landed originally.


Uncle Pete & Aunt Luella: Polaroid emulsion lift on a card



I like the sheerness, wrinkles and all.


Uncle Pete: Polaroid emulsion lift on a card




For some this might be an acquired taste? 



2 girls: Polaroid emulsion lift on a card

I made 10 one of a kind cards, not to sell, 
 and so far,  I've shared only with a few.
I realize, not everyone's taste, but I love it.



 
 
A sweet 5-minute video, Shell lesshere.

 
Just because ...
 
Frizzle



 


Smiles for Wednesday ...
  
 
  

  

 


 

                             Thanks for coming by today ...

 

 

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

Polaroid Emulsion Lift seems to be rather difficult. Never seen it before but I like the results you achieved without using water to smooth the image. Jacki, I also like the old photos you used. They bring us back to old times and all the dear ones we loved.

jacki long said...

Thank you again, Elenor. Yes the Polaroid lift is difficult, and also since the Polaroid is not on the market much, it was hard to get the film. I like the chance part of it and like you, the old photos.

john said...

There is an icy-ness about this piece that makes it so unusual.

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. Yes, not is my palette very often?