Friday, April 21, 2023

Day 3898: Bakery and Thoreau

      

"enduring": drawing, ink, collage, digital


 * PS Alert: My significant other (Mac Pro laptop) is still ill, and not himself. I am not able to format, so things are out of place.

                                         

Want music?

                                            
 

Click here: Smokey Robinson, Agony & Ecstasy click back on this blog here to listen as you browse, or not?

 

2GN2S ...

Bakery sells out in 2 hours on weekends

Newport, Rhode Island isn't typically thought of as a home for authentic French bakeries. French baker Belinda Quinn is trying to change that with her deliciously delicate pain au chocolats at her bakery, Le Bec Sucré.

Learn the key ingredient behind a bakery in Rhode Island that sells out shortly after opening its doors,

See video, here (sorry for 15 sec.ad)

 


 

Author and naturalist Henry David Thoreau on the value of walking in the woods:

"I come out to these solitudes, where the problem of existence is simplified. I get away a mile or two from the town into the stillness and solitude of nature, with rocks, trees, weeds, snow about me. I enter some glade in the woods, perchance, where a few weeds and dry leaves alone lift themselves above the surface of the snow, and it is as if I had come to an open window. I see out and around myself.

...

This is what I go out to seek. It is as if I always met in those places some grand, serene, immortal, infinitely encouraging—though invisible—comanion, and walked with him."

Source: In Wildness is the Preservation of the World



 
 
A great 3+ minute video, Alpha Gorilahere.


 
Just because ...  

Golden-browed Chlorophoria


 


Smiles for Friday ...
 







                             Thanks for coming by today ...

 

 

 

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

Jacky, I especially was drawn to the last smile. When I was young no one ever told me I could allow myself to rest or postpone something or simply do nothing. I never heard time does not always need to be filled. It's so wonderful to hear I'm enough, simply in my being.
How good some things changed over the years.
Happy weekend!

jacki long said...

Thank so much, Elenor I appreciate your support.
Happy weekend~

john said...

Such a sad and serious face. I can only imagine the pressure Zelinsky is constantly under.

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. Hard to realize that he is a former comedian?