Thursday, December 1, 2022

Day 3756: Careers and World Cup.

 

"Hopes & Dreams": junk mail collage

 


Want music?



here: Tracy Chapman, Give Me One Good Reason.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 


2GN2S ... 

Hero helps women build new lives by training them for construction careers.
 

Nora El-Khouri Spencer, a licensed general contractor and social worker. Her nonprofit, Hope Renovations, offers a free program that provides women with the skills and certifications to find well-paying jobs in the construction trades. Trainees also work with a professional construction team making safety modifications to senior citizens’ homes. 

Read Nora's story here

 


   



Japanese fans gather in Doha, Qatar, before a World Cup match against Germany on November 23.



 
 
 
A 3-minute video, Shaolin Kung Fuhere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
American Goldfinch

 
 


Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 

 
 

  
   





 

 
  
 

                             Thanks for coming by today

 

 

 

8 comments:

Carrol Wolf said...

Hi Jacki,

I really enjoyed watching the video. (But can I count that as today's exercise? I doubt it.) The physical agility of all those youngsters was amazing. I plan to send that blog to my son's family as the boys are doing some sort of Asian marshal arts. Always love your funnies section too. And I can't believe how you can produce such creative pieces each day. Guess you probably never sleep, while I need 9 hours a day. Anyway that is my excuse. Thank you, thank you!

elenor said...

It is always a joy to visit your blog, Jacki.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Carrol, I love hearing from you! Thanks again.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor. I am so glad you like it.

Sam Zimmerman said...

I'm a day late, but I wanted to say that that's what my antidepressants look like!

john said...

Have you ever timed yourself when you are creating a collage. I don’t even think about the time when I am creating. What I do think about is sometimes a piece has to sit and wait and wait until I figure it out. Other times it just comes together quickly. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks Sam, I apologize for being so late in replying. Yes, I believe that to be true too! Anti-depressants!

jacki long said...

THANK YOU, SAM! I am far later than I mean to be.
Yes, dogs are the better version of humans!?