Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Day 3768: Comedy Wildlife and more celebration?



Trust": photo, digital collage.


Want music?




Click here: Ambrosia, Biggest Part of Me.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ... 

OVERALL WINNERS

In response to my promise to monitor the length of my posts, here, I am picking a few favorites and if you want to see them all for yourself, please click here.

“Hippo yawning next to a heron standing on the back of another hippo”

“A couple of triggerfish looking into the camera, captured at the Azores.

A spotted owlet came out of the pipe, before going inside he closed one of his eyes

 I fed a raccoon shrimp on a Florida beach. He thanked me like that.”
  
A duckling waddling across a turtle covered log at the Juanita wetlands

© Copyright 2022 The Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards

 



The celebration continues. Yesterday, here, after brunch with GH# 2&4, they brought me home. We all felt stuffed! I forgot to mention that Jake aka GH#2 brought me a dozen beautiful white roses! How to make a lady feel special!!

and Jordan, aka GH#1 brought this beautiful orchid 

on Saturday. I felt like taking a nap, but I knew I needed to start on the blog. I also responded to 144 kind birthday wishes on FB and in e-mails, thanking them for the thoughtfulness.

I knew good friend, Carole was coming to pick me up at 5:45 so we could meet Daughter#2, Cheryl at ...


where we had more delicious food. As you can imagine, I can now roll my way to any destination! Cheryl ordered yummy eggplant strips for an appetizer. Then, one of us had Sea Bass, one ordered Chicken Pillard, and the other had Angel Hair with shrimp. Can you guess who had what? I guess I was pictured out, as I didn't film the food or us?? Cheryl sent me a photo of me in front of what Zov's calls their Ridiculous Sunday! It's a mug with flourless chocolate cake, topped by cream, marshmallows, vanilla ice cream, covered with nuts and melted chocolate! We shared it!
 

As I write this, Zack aka GH#3 is coming soon to take me to lunch at ...  
Zack knew I was working on handmade gifts for tomorrow so he texted ...

And so, he brought soup for me and a longboarder sandwich and a salad for him. Luckily he had time to "hang out" and time with him is the best gift ever.

 
Tonight, yet another meal?? Good friend and fellow karate black belt, Mei had invited me to dinner with some special karate ladies. We went to ...


Tina, Denise, Mei, jacki, Kim, Kimiko.
 
All six ladies ordered something different and I asked them to take a photo of each before we started eating.
 




A lovely evening, and more leftovers! Thanks to all.


Santa GH#3 says Merry Christmas!!!
 


 
 
 
A 3-minute video, Bald eagles, here.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Black Eagle

 
 


Smiles for Tuesday ...
 

    

   


   



  
 

                             Thanks for coming by today

 

 


8 comments:

Bea said...

And they say December birthdays are often forgotten and disappointing. Happy birthday…

Carrol Wolf said...

Hi Jacki,

From the past several blogs showing family and friends celebrating someone who is special to them: it seems like people know what a gift they have in you. Let's do a late celebration together after the holidays and after we both lose ten pounds (ya, like that's ever going to happen! right?) But I am missing you, and regardless of whether we lose the weight or not, I hope we can find a day in January. Hugs

john said...

I imagine many people underestimated Zelinsky. He has been just what the Ukraine needed. You are just what the art world needs. I love the look of the flourless cake. Yum! :-)

elenor said...

As each pic is wonderful the best one's are those with you. There will be a reason why so many nice people are caring about you. Jacki, you get back what you gave to them.

jacki long said...

Thanks Bea, they used to be bu this was has been terrific!!

jacki long said...

Thanks, Carrol!!! Of course I would love to get together with you in January! This December is going so fast. Have wonderful holidays with your beautiful family and a happy, healthy new year in 2023.
You don't need to lose anything, we love you all.

jacki long said...

Thanks John, I agree Zelensky is exactly what they needed, and many don't know that he was a stand-up comedian earlier on? Thank you for your ever kind words.

jacki long said...

Awww, thank you Elenor. I think I am the lucky one to have such, kind, caring people in my life, like you! Thank YOU!!