Sunday, December 4, 2022

Day 3759: Hero and OCMA2.

 

 

"Uncertainty": acrylics, junk mail collage.



Want music?




Click here: H.E.R., The Best Part
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ... 

"Hero" incredible people who are using their unique skills and experiences to make the world a better place.

 Tyrique Glasgow, who's working to end street violence in South Philadelphia. Growing up, Glasgow was shot, lost family to guns, and ended up on the wrong side of the law. Now, his Young Chances Foundation provides camps and after-school activities to show kids a better life. He even opened a community center that supports the whole neighborhood. Read Tyrique's story here.




OCMA continued ...

In yesterday's blog, here, I introduces you to Orange County Museum of Art, a delicious place to visit. Today I will share some artwork that I liked best.

 
The above wasn't really a favorite, but I'm so glad I took time to look closer and photograph the detail.
 
  

  

  

   Val asked my favorite as we were leaving, I said Coyota. I took a lot of photos and got the artist info.

 


  

   

  

  

  

The museum had ample comfortable benches, where I sat and studied Coyota. I wondered if the the bottom half done had been done as the top, would be better? I decided NO! I looked for changes, I found none. If you go I would love your opinions?

 

As you may know, I am always fascinated by ceilings, and OCMS's were fantastic!


 
The above fiber work
 I took for 
Libby Williamson, 
a great fiber artist.
 
 
 

The above fiber work was huge, probably 12' x 12' or more. On right is a close-up detail. I have more favorites for you tomorrow in OCMA3.
 

 
 

 
 
 
A sweet 3-minute video, Dads learn, here.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Palawan Flowerpecker



 
 
Smiles for Sunday ...
 
   


  
  


 
   

 
  
 

                             Thanks for coming by today

 

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

I don't like uncertainty as a feeling but I like your collage "Uncertainty". It expresses this feeling perfectly.
Your pictures of the OCMA are really inspiring. I think one could spend many days there.
Jacki, have a happy and interesting new week.

john said...

Even though there might be uncertainty in your piece there is some light. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. Yes OCMA is an amazing building with so much to see. Have a great, healthy week ahead!

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, John. I so appreciate you taking the time to comment when you can, I always look forward to it.