Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Day 3755: Immigrants and Someone else.

 

"The children": photo and junk mail collage




Want music?




Click here: Tevin Campbell, Tomorrow
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ... 

A Hero ... Dining with a purpose: Restaurant serving refugees’ recipes helps immigrants start new lives in US
Meymuna Hussein-Cattan, who started a restaurant in Los Angeles that brings comfort and community to local refugees. Flavors from Afar features an ever-changing menu that features dishes from the homeland of a refugee or immigrant chef. A daughter of Ethopian refugees herself, Hussein-Cattan's restaurant also provides resources and support.

Read Meymuna's story here.

 



  
I, like 50,000 others, subscribe & get a newsletter Friday from


usually 10 things he wants to share & I so look forward to it.

Austin Kleon

Austin Kleon (@austinkleon) writer/artist living in Austin, Texas. Today artist/friend Bea e-mailed me mentioning his blog and an article Austin wrote about blogging. She thought I might like it. And I did. 
And, when re-visiting his blog, I also saw another article,  "Make something for somebody. "A short 3 paragraphs that sums up my belief, when we take time to make anything for someone else, it gets us outside ourselves. And that, I think is a very good thing. 

me
 
* Being an only child, I was/am self- centered by default. A trait I don't admire in me or anyone, but wear around my neck. It may not show, but I am really trying to reach outside of me. So, one of the ways you might observe me "making stuff for someone"... 
whether they want it or not! ;o)

 


 
 
 
A 1-1/2minute video, high elevatorhere.


 
Just because ...
 
Yellow-billed Magpie.jpg


 


Smiles for Wednesday ...
 
 

 

 
  
 

 

 

                             Thanks for coming by today

 

 

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

I loved the article "Make something for somebody". Thanks for the link, Jacki. Now and then I sew pajamas for my grandchildren. And then I tell them that I worked in lots of good wishes so that they would sleep much better and dream only lovely stories. I hope they believe me because it is true. While working for them I always hope they'll have a good and happy life. Maybe it helps?

john said...

Great layering. You have motivated me to try my hand at a digital collage. My Christmas card is one. I will share it with you later in the month. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. I am sure that your magical sewing gives your grandchildren only the very best dreams. They are blessed.

jacki long said...

Wonderful, John, I am already looking forward to it!