Monday, December 12, 2022

Day 3767: Lottery and brunch.


"Damage": junk mail collage



Want music?




Click here: Lauryn Hill, Can't Take My Eyes Off ...
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ... 

Best day ever
   

"The day you were born, I knew I won the lottery." That may seem like a sweet sentiment, but when Brenda Gomez Hernandez says it to her daughter, it will be the literal truth. Hernandez, who hails from Concord, North Carolina, recently gave birth to a baby girl. Just hours later, she learned she won a $100,000 lottery jackpot!  Even better, her strategy for picking her tickets was inspired by her other children: She used her sons’ birthdays to pick her winning numbers. “I feel like she brought me my luck,” Hernandez said about her new daughter -- obviously the most important treasure of the day. “I’m so thankful.”




We have a tradition of calling and singing happy birthday on their day, to family. WW called and I was in the shower but she left a singing voicemail. She called again after church and I got a second singing. Then I got a text of Beatriz Helton also singing Happy Birthday so beautifully.

Grandhunk #2, aka Jake, sent me a text a few days ago ...
 
... and this morning, another text. At 10:30 Chris aka
GH#4 and Jake picked me up. Jake brought a dozen beautiful white roses. If you know me at all, you know I love the rain and today it is raining, was a gift!
 
  
This is what we saw on the way to ...
We had a reservation, thank goodness as there was a huge wait. They are well know for the best brunch!
And, famous for their "Baby Dutch Boy" served with lemon curd, fresh fruit,powdered sugar, butter, syrup and lemons. If it look decadent, it is.
 
 
GH#2 ordered this for 3 of us to split, we did.
 

He had us each order an entree from the menu.
 
GH#2
 
GH#4

mine
Everything was delicious! A great day!


Just halfway through my day and it has been terrific.

 

 
 
 
A 2+minute video, Glass Duohere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Fairy wren


 


Smiles for Monday ...
 
 
 
 


 



                             Thanks for coming by today



8 comments:

john said...

Another spot on piece. You could do a book of your pieces with such appropriate titles. Glad you had a grand birthday. I was wrong, Brian’s birthday is December 14.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a terrific birthday. What wonderful grandsons! You even got a bit of rain, which I love too. You deserve buckets of good things, lovely Jacki! With love from Judy

Carrol Wolf said...

Glad you were treated to a wonderful birthday celebration, and hey, not many 81 year old women get to have two handsome hunks treating her. But, I think you earned it from all the love and care you have given them and their brother through the years. And I say happy belated birthday to you, dear friend.
Oh and you actually have a new person who wants to see your daily blog: my grandson, Naseem. I know he will like the video today.

jacki long said...

Thank you, John! It has been a hectic few days, with too much good food. Thank you for your kind words, they mean a lot to me. I mailed a card to you about a week ago, nothing big.

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Judy. I so appreciate your kind words. I have had a wonderful birthday and it's still going, since GH#3 who had to work yesterday is taking me to lunch today! So spoiled!

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Carrol! I would be flattered if Naseem liked my blog. I was actually thinking of him during parts of my visit to the new Orange County Museum of Art. I think he would love it, and his talented Grandma as well?

Nanci said...

Happy Birthday Jacki!
So lovely to hear about the singing and your celebrations. Birthday's should last all week!

elenor said...

Thanks for sharing these lovely photos of you and grandhunks and telling how you spent your birthday. You know how much I like the pics of you and your great family. Best wishes, Jacki!