Thursday, December 22, 2022

Day 3777: Cookies and a rerun.

 

"Hope": digital & junk mail collage



Want music?




Click here: Charlie Brown, O Tannenbaum
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 
 
2GN2S
 

       Cookies! 
 
 
 

       
The sampling of featured images of holiday cookies is a treat from 1958. The 35mm slides are part of the recently digitized Corita Art Center Slide Collection. 
 
 
 
The figure of the Madonna and Child was made by Audrey LiVolsi in 1958 based on a Slovak wooden sculpture. 
 

CAC Staff Favorite Cookie Recipes

Want to create your own cookie magic? 

Here are some of the CAC staff's favorite holiday cookie recipes:

 
 


A blog re-post, authorized By Carrol Wolf ...
from Day 1407 on June 2, 2016
 
Working on junk mail postcards. 
And, a show the step-by-step again.

step 1 & 2

Acrylic background with 1 piece of mulberry paper.

step 3

1 strip of junk mail ...then I got busy having fun and forgot to scan.

steps 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8

Done and ready to address.


And since I messed up, I started a new one

steps 1,2,3,4 & 5

Acrylic background & 4 scraps before I remembered to scan!

step 6


Sometimes I have tv on behind me & turn when it sounds good. Other times I listen to music, Pharrell, Al Green, gospel etc.
Tonight I am listening to Beethoven as I work, so maybe I'll blame him?

step 7 & 8
Done and ready to mail.


WonderWoman was amused that I would take time to do a small collage on the address side of the postcard. I did it once and liked the look, so I have kept it up.
Sometimes it's better than the front.


Throwback Thursday ...



My Angels.
Grandhunks #2, #3, #1 ... 2005



 
 
 
A 4-minute video, The Wishgranterhere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Yellow-throated Toucan



 


Smiles for Thursday ...

 




 
 

 
 
 
Today this leaf was at my doorstep, a beauty from the hedding apple treeby the front of my home.

Mother Nature's brushstroke.


                             Thanks for coming by today

 

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

Thanks for the step-by-step, Jacki. I always love them. You make it seem so easy to get such a great collage. You never run out of great ideas and each collage is unique.
The photo of your angels is so sweet - as are the boys.

elenor said...

Sorry no card yet, Jacki. But there is another day before Christmas, so let's hope it will arrive. And thanks for thinking of me and sending a card. They are always so wonderful. Now I already have a collection of original Jacki Long collages - they are a real treasure. Thanks!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. I am so happy for you, knowing you will be elated with your beautiful family. Enjoy and takr good care!

john said...

Hope is such a good title for the leader of the Ukraine. His speech was amazing and the response from Congress was so supportive. I hope that carries over to next year with a new Congress. :-)