Thursday, December 15, 2022

Day 3770: Poinsettias and last meal.


"This week": digital collage



Want music?




Click here: Jack Johnson, Better Together
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ...

The poinsettia’s forgotten history

A curious U.S. ambassador and the American family who patented poinsettia varieties are behind this holiday ubiquity that originated in Mexico.

The poinsettia, which blooms for only a couple of weeks in November and December, is one of the best-selling flowers worldwide. It’s especially popular in the U.S, where the market was worth an estimated $153 million in 2020. 

But because most poinsettia varieties are patented in the U.S. and have international protections, Mexican farmers have been forced to pay breeder's rights fees to grow and sell them. 

(For the back story and more, click here.)


The celebration is done.

I am so appreciative of all of the past few days of birthday treats, meals, rides, gifts, family and friends.
Today, Wednesday, good friend/artist Valerie picked me up and drove us to ... 
 
15080 Kensington Park Dr #330, Tustin, CA 92782
 
"Toast has finally opened Tustin! Val had read the great reviews in the Times, others must have too.We had a wait with others, but worth the wait. Valerie ordered the Caprese panzanella, which turned out to be the best salad she had ever had! 
 
 
I ordered the Grilled Chicken Avocado Sandwich, which was truly delicious and the best sandwich I have ever had in my 81 years on this planet, and that includes a lot of sandwiches! 
 
 
An excellent choice that we both decided we would visit again. Their menu was terrific, and choosing was the hardest part of our day.
 

I shot this great shot of me, I only wish I was that tall!

What a great final celebration, five days of being spoiled! And I loved every minute. But a nap felt good.

 
For anyone who has time, I hope you might include my cousin, Martha Rockey who is very ill and in St. Vincent's hospital in Indiana. She is my youngest cousin and the sweetest, most caring and giving person I know. She is always caring for others. 
Now she needs help.
 

 
 
A 1+minute video, lawnhere.


 
Just because ...
Bluebirds
    


  
Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 
 


 

 



  

                             Thanks for coming by today

 

4 comments:

john said...

I can’t even imagine the weight that Zelensky has on his shoulders. You have captured the struggle be bears in your piece. Well done. :-)

elenor said...

This year I also bought a beautiful red poinsettia. They are so pretty and bring some color in and that's really great in this dark season.

Praying for your cousin ...

Jane I said...

Jackie,

Have been off my computer for a while, and glad to visit your blog, which was as unique, informative and creative as always. There are two dogs here belonging to two girls living with me The dogs get a daily peanut butter treat. Thanks for the information. We will now be aware of what to avoid.

jacki long said...

ThanKS, Jane! It's so lovely to hear from you.I hope all is well and that you take good care and have a wonderful Christmas season.