Saturday, December 17, 2022

Day 3772: Surfer and Oh No.

   

"Missile strikes": photo, digital collage.



Want music?




Click here: Chaka Khan, Do You Love
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

2GN2S ... 

Champion adaptive surfer knows resilience 

 

Meira also found a new home: Hawaii. The local community embraced her and she began to see a life for herself that she didn’t think was possible back in Samoa.

Paddling canoes with Hawaii’s adaptive community led her to try surfing. After her first solo session, she found her new passion. Meira was so happy after catching those first waves, she came home with sore cheeks.“I could not stop smiling or even talking about it, you know, it’s just a feeling of … freedom,” she said. “You’re all alone, there are no crutches, but just you and the ocean and sharing the wave with the person next to you.” She also relishes the opportunity to show others how disabled people can thrive in the water.

Meira’s three children keep her busy and motivate her to keep winning surf contests.

For more of the story, click here


 

Oh No ...

On my way to a hair appointment in Fountain Valley, I got hit from behind on the busiest 55 freeway I have ever seen.  I’m okay, the car got scuffed and the right rear fender is popped out a little, the car still drives okay. I photographed everything, we had to work our way off the freeway to get each other's information and take photos. It was stop and go traffic so luckily we weren’t going fast. He apologized and said something fell off the seat and he reached to get it and his rental car lurched. He said he was okay. I asked if he was going to John Wayne, he said yes, I said "well you almost made it".  Both cars were drivable, but stopping on the 55 in heavy traffic is scary. 

I have reported to Seth, the agent who took the information and started a file. I picked a recommended body works and called in for an appointment for an estimate they already have my file. The earliest was next Monday morning. Seth said Team Alpha will be my adjuster. I have uploaded my photos to them.  I'll show you some ...

My rear fender, scuffed, small dent.


My right read fender pulled away from under light.

If you can possibly be lucky when hit from behind on a freeway, I think I was?



 
 
 
A 3+minute video, Christmas lightshere.


 
Just because ...
 
Female Jabiru


 


Smiles for Saturday ...
 

 
 


 
  

 

                             Thanks for coming by today

 


6 comments:

elenor said...

I'm so glad you were so lucky that you were not injured and that your car wasn't damaged too much. Nevertheless it's an experience you really were not looking for.
Wishing you a wonderful Sunday without any troubles.

Anonymous said...

So glad you are okay! Cam

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor.
Yes, very lucky. Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Cam, all is well.;o)
Have a wonderful Holiday Season!

john said...

Strong and contemplative. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, Ca