Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Day 3783: Tonkatsu and Top Golf.

 

  
"War crimes": junk mail collage & digital.
 



Want music?




Click here: OJay's, Forever Mine.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ... 

Railway Runs on Leftover Tonkotsu Ramen Broth

Takachiho Amaterasu Railway

The Amaterasu Railway in Miyazaki Prefecture is a popular local train that takes passengers on a gorgeous 30-minute journey through the spectacular scenery of Takachiho. The quirky train is known for its open roof, its journey over Japan’s highest train bridge, and train conductors who blow bubbles along the way. But now they’re known for something else: leaving passengers feeling hungry. 

a railway representative showing samples of the ramen broth biodiesel

The Amaterasu Railway previously ran on diesel fuel and because of the open roof, passengers would get whiffs of exhaust fumes. However, the railway recently announced that they had switched to running entirely on biodiesel made from leftover tonkotsu ramen broth. Now, instead of that toxic burnt smell, riders report smelling aromas of fried rice along the way.

The initiative comes from a partnership with Nishida Logistics, a trucking company based in neighboring Fukuoka, home to–you guessed it–tonkotsu ramen. The trucking company figured out a way to convert the thick, fatty, pork-based broth into biodiesel. Several of their trucks run on the biodiesel and now so does the Amaterasu Railway.



Artist and good friend, Valerie bought me a new book.

The family  (SM,WW, GH's 1&2) went to Top Golf.

GH#3

GH#3 7 SM

GH#1

SM

WW


SM & WW 

        

I decided to stay home and finish the book, so I could leave it for WW tomorrow when we leave. I put on tv and one of my all-time favorite movies, Three Days of the Condor was on. It's a well-made thriller, tense and involving, and the scary thing, in these months after Watergate, is that it's all too believable.
 

The plan was to come get me to go to I ❤Sushi, after they finished at Top Golf, but I texted them saying just to go straight to eat, that I had already eaten. I'll be done with this blog by the time they get home. GH#2 left this morning, and GH's 1&2 & I
fly home tomorrow. It has been a fun holiday and we are so thankful that we all finally got to be together.
 
 

 
 
 
Sweet 6-minute video, Fox & Mouse, here.


 
Just because ...
 
Maroon-breasted Crowned Pigeon


 


Smiles for Wednesday ...
 

  

   

 


 

                             Thanks for coming by today

 

 

4 comments:

elenor said...

I don't like war crimes - who does? - but I like your collage called "war crimes". You couldn't express it any better.
Your family pics are wonderful again. Jacki, come home safely!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor. I am home now and all of a sudden, tired??

john said...

I love what looks like stitching on this latest piece. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John! Yes I like that too, and this piece in general! ;o)