Thursday, December 8, 2022

Day 3763: Trouble tree and decorations.

 

 

"The children": ink, digital collage




Want music?




Click here: Yello, Yes.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ... 

Today's story ...

I hired a plumber to help me restore an old farmhouse, and after he had just finished a rough first day on the job: a flat tire made him lose an hour of work, his electric drill quit and his ancient one ton truck refused to start.

While I drove him home, he sat in stony silence. On arriving, he invited me in to meet his family. As we walked toward the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree, touching the tips of the branches with both hands.
 
When opening the door he underwent an amazing transformation.. His face was wreathed in smiles and he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss. Afterward he walked me to the car. We passed the tree and my curiosity got the better of me. I asked him about what I had seen him do earlier.
 
'Oh, that's my trouble tree,' he replied 'I know I can't help having troubles on the job, but one thing's for sure, those troubles don't belong in the house with my wife and the children.. So I just hang them up on the tree every night when I come home and ask God to take care of them. Then in the morning I pick them up again.' 'Funny thing is,' he smiled,' when I come out in the morning to pick 'em up, there aren't nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before.

Kristin Nicole Ost




My tiny Santa from Karen Hirota Tamura, 1956

I am late getting my minimal holiday decoration up. WonderWoman doesn't want me to get up on the ladder anymore, and that's where my single container of aged goodies reside in the garage. The next time one of my Grandhunks is here, I will ask them to lift it down while I pull out whats needed, and they can return the empty. Btw: they don't need a ladder!

When I was little, I was told that since my birthday was so near to Christmas, we would wait & celebrate both together. One gift for both on Christmas day. 
That went on for years, past when I realized it wasn't normal? So, for now, my decorations are my tiny Santa and my sweet little tree. I like them so much, they are up in the studio, year-round.


I love my tiny tree!


 

 
Throwback Thursday ... 
 

After class, Pho with Demura Sensei.
Santa Ana, CA 2016
 
 

 
 
A 5-minute video, ornamentshere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Nicobar pigeon



 


Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 

 
 
 

 
laundry tree





 
 

                             Thanks for coming by today

 

4 comments:

john said...

Lovely, lovely painting effect on this portrait. I know you want the outward signs of Christmas surrounding you but I understand the ladder thing. I am not allowed on one either since I fell off one a couple of years ago. I suspect you have plenty of Christmas spirit in your heart though. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you John, I do HAVE A LOT OF HOLIDAY MEMORIES, AND AM VERY COMFORTABLE (caps not intended) with a special few goodies in my tiny place. Takes all of 15 minutes to pit up or take down. ;o)

elenor said...

That's a fabulous idea to have a trouble tree. Everybody should have one. Life would be so much easier and happier.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor. Yes, I agree we all need one1 ;O)