Thursday, December 29, 2022

Day 3784: Belated?

 

"Turmoil": junk mail collage.

 


Want music?




Click here: Isley Brothers, Shout
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


2GN2S ... 


I've been wondering? Do you eat anything special on New Years Day for any particular reason? Health, money or whatever? I seem to remember my family in Indiana having cabbage to bring money? Today I was watching the tv cooking show CHOPPED, and they mentioned black-eyed peas, which was new to me. I googled and found 12 Traditional New Year's Foods That Bring Good Luck in the Year Ahead:
  • Pork. (for inspiration?)
  • Black-Eyed Peas. ...
  • Greens. ...
  •   Grapes. (12 grapes, 1 for each month?)
  •   Noodles. ...
  • Lentils. ...
  •   Fish. ...
  • Pomegranates.
and what not to eat on New Years, here.  I am guessing different cultures and locations have different customs? What do you think/know?
I think it is so interesting, let me know?

 



Step-by-step ...
 

1

 
2

 
3


4

 
5

 




 
 
 
A 3-minute video, recycled arthere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Channel-billed Toucan


 


Smiles for Thursday ...
 
  

 
 

 

 





  
 

                             Thanks for coming by today

 

 

 

8 comments:

Bea said...

The development of this one is extra interesting. Could not guess where you were going with it. She’s so cute. On Christmas Eve we had our special dinner and my mom fixEd barley with mushrooms and garlic for good luck. It’s a tradition from Czechoslovakia…b

jacki long said...

Thanks Bea, I think it is so interesting, thanks so much for responding! Have a wonderful, healthy, happy new year in 2023 for you and your family and friends.

elenor said...

Thanks for this nice step-by-step, Jacki. I never get tired watching them. I think I always can learn something.
BTW, my family doesn't have a tradition for special food on New Years Day.

jacki long said...

Thanks for responding,Elenor. That is an old step-by-step, but I didn't get the blog done yesterday so did a fast job this morning. Now it's time to do another!!

john said...

Turmoil is definitely appropriate for this piece. Thanks for your step-by-step. I always love seeing those. :-)

Sam Zimmerman said...

We eat prime rib! I have had the wonderful opportunity to know people of many different cultures, so I actually recognized a few of those foods from your list as New Year's traditions (for the grapes, you're supposed to throw them up and catch them in your mouth!)

jacki long said...

Thanks John, yes people seem to enjoy the step by steps. Hard to remember to stop and shoot when creating?

jacki long said...

Thanks, Sam! That would be fun to watch everyone catching grapes. Prime rib sounds good! I think cabbage was supposed to bring money or good fortune? I think all the differences are really interesting?
Are you keeping warm??