Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Day 3537: Disorder.

 

 

"Disorder": junk mail collage & digital.


 



Want music?




Click here: Aretha Franklin, Bridge over Troubled Waters
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 2GN2S ...

A Zonkey???

 


 This unusual little ungulate was born at the Chyulu Hills National Park in Kenya and is the hybrid of a zebra and a donkey (hence the portmanteau). The puzzled staff enlisted the help of the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, a nearby wildlife rescue group, and eventually solved the mystery. The unnamed zebra mama had "obviously become acquainted with an amorous donkey" while spending time with a local cattle herd. According to the rescue group, the zebra and her baby zonkey are "thriving" in their new habitat.
 

 
Update ...
 
Limbo

A couple of months ago, our Eastside group played at Linda's beautiful home on her project of plastic bags, melting them etc. Some made a type of bag, or purse with velcro. I had fun composing the graphics. I haven't touched any of them since I got home that day. That's normal for me ... if I don't finish it that day, it goes into limbo? Now I am using it for today's blog. 
 

All made from plastic bags, layered and ironed.

 

 
 

 

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

 
The inspiration came from today's video sent to me by Rad Nana, "Pacific Check" fame. She is so kind.



Thank you, Rad Nana!

 

 
 
 
An inspiring 9-minute video, Lisa Kokinhere.


 
Just because ...
 
 
Screech Owl + owlet
 
 
 
 


Smiles for Tuesday ...
 
  
 
 
 
   

 
 

     

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 


4 comments:

john said...

Why is it that when there is disorder we look for order? That is jus what i did and I found it. This piece was kind of like the Rorschach for me. I found a small Phantom of the Opera mask near the top middle. That got me to thinking that this piece could be like the Phoenix Rising because fo the movement….the mask being the head of the bird and the body radiating down from the white mask. :-0

jacki long said...

You are so good, John! I tried to show disorder with in colorful graphics. It's easier with devastated buildings. Thanks, John.

elenor said...

Jacki, you should frame your fused plastic bags. No need to make a purse out of them, which you won't need or use, these are excellent artworks on their own.
Already middle of the week tomorrow ..... Have a good time.

jacki long said...

Thanks Elenor, I have too many frames, but you're right, I wouldn't use a purse or bag. They are kinda of like plastic collages?