Thursday, April 28, 2022

Day 3539: Fall out.

 

 

"Fall out": photo, acrylic, collage, digital.

 



Want music?




Click here: Sam Cooke, You Send Me.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 
 
 

2GN2S ...

Mom shares hilarious story of son smuggling toaster to school in his backpack to make lunch


A thoroughly amused mother left Twitter users cracking up over the antics of her 13-year-old son recently when she shared a story about the time he sneaked a toaster into school. "Apparently my kid got in trouble today for packing our toaster in his backpack and pulling it out at lunch to make Pop-Tarts for his class. I can't stop laughing," wrote Elisa Stone Leahy, an author and mom-of-three, in a now-viral Twitter thread. "I hear that the teacher actually only told him not to 'make a habit of it.' So I wonder how many times makes a habit? I also wonder if I should hide the popcorn popper..."

 

 
Update...
 
I know just a few of you listen to my daily music, but because Carole and a few others enjoy it, I have kept it going. Everyday I have to hunt up something. Yesterday was Sam Cooke, and so I continued today with him again. What I didn't expect was the  memories that popped up when I played "You Send Me". Is there anyone out there that has memories attached this song? For me, I was transported back the gym at John Marshall High School. On Friday nights we had sock-hops,
 

 which were the highlight of my high school social life. Slow dances like this were a good after some fast dances of the day, like here. Wow, memories!
 
 

 
Throwback Thursday ...




Sakagami, Ryusho Sensei, 1988, Disneyland



 

 
 
 
A sweet 3-1/2 minute video, Elephantshere.


 
Just because ...
 
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
 
 
 


Smiles for Thursday ...
 
 

 


 


 
 

  

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

 

4 comments:

john said...

So true. It is always the children who get caught in the middle of strife.

jacki long said...

Thanks John, I was happy with this one.

elenor said...

Such an outstanding collage, Jacki! If only the theme wasn't that terribly sad.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor, it is one of my favorites, but so sad too.