Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Day 3524: Hopeful.

 

 

 

"Hopeful": junk mail collage

 



Want music?




Click here: Tevin Campbell, Can We Talk?
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S ...

I read this week that listening to birdsong can lower stress and have positive impacts on mental health. (To be clear, the study pointed out not all birds have this effect. ) But I love one of the theories behind this phenomenon: Birdsong, in many instances, is a sign that there are no predators around. It's a sign of safety. And way back in our primordial brain, we may recognize it as such -- and relax a little.   Of course, we already know things like chirping birds are pleasant, but it really adds a new layer to it all when you learn exactly why, doesn't it?


 So I hunted up a video with bird songs, here .   There many longer ones on youtube.

 

 
Update ...

Today was the first teaching date scheduled for our  Eastside art group in over two years. We have been together initially through zoom, and then a few times socially when permitted. Today was my turn, we take turns, and we had an almost full house, Linda, Jeri, Norma, Josie, Libby, Jody and myself, greatly missing our star member, Erin. Today was "angel cards" but we didn't have to stick to angels.

Libby's start

Libby's finished card

my demo card almost done.

finished demo card with outlining

In our art meetings, whoever teaches provides
the project & supplies, but we don't dictate as all of our members are artists and have their own style and direction. For my part, I provided samples,  junk mail, cards etc. and suggested free work, possibly exaggeration? In effect, play time. 

by Josie

bu Josie

a start by Jeri

by Norma


    
by Norma




by Norma


by me

All this fun happened around a big table at Linda's beautiful home, with lots of chats and laughs.

Jeri & Linda

 Jeri our long distance ( Paso Robles) member was in town for Linda's birthday. So a gift for all of us.
 
 
and then the cutest of all, Linda's Reba ...


Nothing better than having her put her head in our lap, and she visited everyone. What a sweet girl.
All and all, a great five hours together.
(I didn't get photos of all the cards ;op )

 

 
 
 
An adorable under 1-minute video, Lion cub. here.


 
Just because ...
 
Scarlet Tanager

 
 
 


Smiles for Wednesday ...
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 



      
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 

6 comments:

Lydia said...

Thank you Jacki

Amelia Medina Davies said...

Very impressive works Ladies! Thanks for sharing Jacki! Loved all of them!

elenor said...

I'm just listening to the birdsong video. I already listened to the birds on our walk this afternoon. It always helps me to relax. In the morning I'm happy when I can hear a bird singing. We mustn't take this for granted because we don't have as many birds here now as we used to have.
I'm happy you had such a good time with your friends.

jacki long said...

Thank you, Lydia, I love hearing from you. ;o)

jacki long said...

Thank you Amelia, lovely to hear from you. I was in Long Beach last Saturday and thought of you.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor. I agree. My precious Aunt Vonda used to have a canary in her kitchen named Bing. He was quite a singer! ;o)