Saturday, April 2, 2022

Day 3513: Confusion.

 

 

"Confusion": junk mail collage, digital.

 



Want music?




Click here: Leon Bridges, Steam.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S ...

As you know, if you come here often, I love books! And just lately I have been gifted two great ones.

 Artist, friend, architect, renaissance lady, Carrol Wolf gifted me with ...

 

 

She had read and enjoyed it, and sent me a copy. A great book that grabs you right into it and you don't want to stop. I think you might like it too?

 And the next day, I got a another surprise package in the mail. It was from good friend Lynn in Colorado. Some of you may know her as Rad Nana, the name she uses on FB, given to her by her grandchildren. She has encouraged me over the years, now an integral part of my life. She sent me ...

  


  It is described as a stunning sequence of over 30 abstract artworks, each taking their inspiration from the poetry of former UK poet laureate Ted Hughes (1930–1998) and the evocative setting of the Yorkshire moors.

 With quotations from Hughes’s work included alongside the pieces they provoked, moving commentary by Louise detailing their background and inclusive of preliminary sketches and photography, this wonderfully produced hardback documents a journey through both literature and the landscape.

 I have read maybe one third, but I have visited every glorious photo many times. How lucky am I? Two great books in one week! Huge thank yous to Carrol and Lynn, you have spoiled me, again.


 

Update ...


And, while on a roll ... I got a chance to meet WonderWoman and Grandhunk #1 at ...

for a great lunch together. 


WW and I had our chicken katsu bento box, and shared vegetable tempura. GH#1 had three different kinds of sushi plates. 

I didn't take food pictures this time, but I got two better ones.



After, Jordan followed me home to help me with four quick chores. He can lift and reach better than me. He also helped me "clear my cookies" which, at over a gig, was keeping me from being able to access some sites. Easy-peasy for my Apple guru. I must be doing something right to be so lucky?


 

 
 
 
A great 3-minute video, Stained glasshere.


 
Just because ...
 
Madagascar Red Fody

 
 
 


Smiles for Saturday ...
 
 



 

 



 
 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.


4 comments:

elenor said...

Such lovely photos of your daughter and grandson. I'm sure you did all things right and you deserve to be so lucky to have such a great family.
Can you believe it snowed here all day? I didn't mind we had nearly no snow all winter but I do mind to get snow now in spring. Let's hope the cold weather won't ruin the cherries and apricots which started blooming these days.

john said...

You are indeed doing something right. Lucky you to have a family that is so caring. Your latest piece can only sum up the horrible situation in the Ukraine and it does. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor. Yes, I am very lucky.
I am glad we don't have snow, but we can drive 1-1/2 hours and be in snow right now at Big Bear or Arrowhead. We have been in the high 60's and low 70's for the past week.

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. You are right it is horrible and hard to see a solution to such evil.