Monday, April 25, 2022

Day 3536: Endurance


 

"Endurance": ink drawing, watercolor

 



Want music?




Click here: Doobie Brothers, Listen to the Music.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S ...

Koenji Cafe is Only For Writers Working on a Deadline ...

   Are you a writer working towards a hard deadline but having trouble getting work done? Then the Manuscript Writing Cafe is your new best friend. Located in Koenji and run by a team of writers, the cafe is solely dedicated to other writers working on deadline. But beware, once you enter they will not let you leave until your work is done.

  


There are several rules that patrons must obey when entering the Manuscript Writing Cafe. First, you must notify staff of the number of words you need to write, and by when. Every hour, the manager will come and check in on you. You can choose what tone of voice you would like to have the check-ins: “mild, normal or hard.”

  


Rates begin at 150 yen for the first 30 min and are 300 yen for every hour. If you’re there for 6 hours, that would be 1800 yen. However, if you haven’t finished the work you declared upon entering, the staff will not let you pay. And if you can’t pay, you can’t leave. Unless of course you’d like to become a criminal. 

  


The no-frills cafe has basics like charging stations, WiFi and beverages, allowing you to focus and get your work done.

  


  Only in Japan?


 
Update ...

Home from the house on the hill, where I started my new book from good friend, Valerie. 

It's a thick book, 650 pages, so I asked if I would get through it? She said she did and liked it. We usually like the same books.


 I am only 100+ pages in, but I am fascinated!
 
 
Valerie is reading American Dirt, that I gave her.
She asked me if it will get easier, I said I loved it. She wanted to know if there was a happy ending, I said, yes, but it's hard reading to get there.
 
 

What are you reading?


 

 
 
 
A 6+minute video, Some Thinghere.


 
Just because ...
 
Silver-eared Mesia

 
  
 


Smiles for Monday ...
 
 


 

 
 

 

                                                               Thanks for coming by today.

 


6 comments:

john said...

There is a sadness with the word ‘endurance.” You achieved the sadness. Giving you a smile seems odd. The smile is for the quality of your work not the subject matter which as we all know right now is so difficult. :-)

jacki long said...

Thank you, John. I am weary of this unfortunate series, but it keep seeping in.

elenor said...

John always finds the best words about your art of the day. I learn a lot by reading his comments. Jacki, I so admire that you have an artwork on this tragedy every day.

Mary McKay Schaffer said...

YOURS IS THE only kind of news I can digest in through now. It's insightful, respectful always, loving
and timely. The book looks enticing. I am currently reading three books...kind of like Goldilocks looking for the right chair: Jodi Picoult's Sing Your Home; Tina Miles, All That She Carried; and Ehsaneh Sadr's A Door Between Us.
Thank you, Jacki. I love you!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Elenor! I wish I didn't feel compelled to focus on the atrocity
happening in the Ukraine. I try to have some happy stuff in the blog to balance? I am glad you enjoy John, he has a nice way of expressing that I too enjoy. Happy week!

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Mary! It is lovely to hear from you. Your books sound good. I have heard of them, which is your preference? I can't bear the news on tv, and in small doses when I do. I read more, as words don't hurt as much as the images?